Saturday, January 31, 2009



Started Spanish lessons again after a month long hiatus and I have a new teacher! His name is Mr Olger Portilla and he's a funny guy. AND he's Spaniard! His hair and eyes resemble that of the Grinch though but other than that he's pretty humorous. I call him Señor Portilla.

I suspect he thinks I can't really speak proper English, because whenever I say a sentence, he would keep repeating the noun to me and make an action. Like he asked me

"A Que hora?" which means what time is it, so I said " No tengo reloj, señor." Coz I wasnt wearing a watch. Then he was all "Ah! No tengo reloj! Don't have a watch! Muy bien!"

Then he kept looking at me and tapping his wrist for like 6 full seconds and nodding his head and saying watch. For many of the nouns he mentioned, he would perform an action to describe and and look at me and not the other students, and then pronounce it extremely slowly and break up the Spanish morphemes together.

Oh well. At least I now know the exactamundo way of pronouncing it.

AND I made a new friend called Jean! Well its not really her name, but she says the teacher pronounces Jean better than he actual name, which is Chinese. Fair enough =) But she's friendly. She's only like 2 years older than me & studying Econs at SMU.


Am meeting MHD tomorrow to rehearse our french role play. I NEED to memorize my French lines. GOD GIVE ME STRENGTH.


I think I love culture. Like seriously. I mean, I like the Spanish and French language, and take it further. I want to learn Italian too. I like watching the Latin American and Bollywood dances.


I read somewhere that if a woman perceives herself to be beautiful, the higher the possibility of her committing adultery.


I wonder if women like, say Aishwarya Rai, or Megan Fox consider themselves hot without a doubt.


can i just say for once that I think Aishwarya is muy bonita? I love her blue-green eyes. AND THE ACCESSORIES. Somehow, the way the Indians put on makeup is different from the way the Caucasians & the Europeans do it. I think. She looks so exotic here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.