Did this survey on Youths and Relationships during APIP lecture, with questions about interpersonal life with friends, family and romantic partners. I brought 1 set home for my Sis to do and I peeked at her answers.
Both of us feel that our mother does not encourage us to share our thoughts/difficulties, we do not share our difficulties with her, nor do we think that we can rely on her to get a load off our chests.
Why am I not surprised?
I realized from this survey that I do not possess a very healthy and strong relationship with my parents. I do not relay my thoughts and difficulties to them and neither do I feel I can rely on them for emotional support whatsoever, despite being a secure baby 16 years earlier.
Was eating dinner with Sis in the kitchen and I casually brought up the subject of applications to universities & then asked her " Jie, what's your GPA?"
And she looked up at me, her eyes stripped with caution & suspicion and questioned my question. So I was all I heard NTU takes in students with at least GPA 3.0.
Seriously my sister's face turned black and she got all defensive and was like "No la! Sure they take in some with lower that 3.0. I can get in la" And we close the subject.
5 minutes later : " I think I should be able to get in"
... ... ... ... ... ... ...
10 minutes later "Aiyah, think can la"
ha. ha. ha
Wednesday = I/O Psych presentation + French role play.
Bugger.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.