
YES
I have finally went to ARAB STREET with Nette today!
I wanted to go there for quite a while to get some accessories for my dance & we both ventured into the wilderness in search for cookies and candies. I finally found a store that sells hip scarves and another fabric store that sells chiffon veils for like $2.50 per metre which was like a freakin' good deal.
Another shop was selling the complete veil at $33 a pop, when I can get it at $5?
So I'm going there again on Sunday with Jess and Tinghui plus, Tinghui is gonna help us find bracelet charms! I've been meaning to make a bracelet of my own for a quite a while now, but can't find a place that sells nice charms!
I'd ask Nette but she'll be busy with work. Darn. I'm the only one not working! I feel like such a loser.
But anyway, I had a fun time with Nette today!
We bought some stuff first at Bugis, then we walked past Haji Lane and window shopped at all he clothes. And I saw this GIANT pair of wooden hoop earrings that I was instantly attracted to! Even Nette was like +_+
Shw was half expecting me to get it, but I bet it cost a bomb =(
Then we walked to Arab Street. All the store vendors were so friendly! Asking us if we wanted to eat and asking Nette about her leg wound, coz she fell down and had this nasty cut =(
We both ooed and ahhhed over the beautiful sarongs and kebayas in the stall. They were soooooo gorgeous seriously!
Then we walked to Lavender Street and ate dinner at the foodcourt. Plus, we had Belgian chocolate and waffles there which was SUPERB. Seriously the chocolate was nothing like I've ever tasted. Warm and sweet and comforting. Nette and I were both grinning so hard and foolishly at each other and we started laughing at each other =)
We made our way back at about 7-ish and parted at Kovan MRT. Darn the bus stop was crawling with big-ass ants. Seriously they had WINGS. And I was pissed because they kept flying everywhere. 1 went INSIDE the bus and landed on the window seal in front of me!!
I kept going " Stay. Away." And I tried to blow it away but it refused to budge. It just fluttered its silly wings and crawled. I was cringing and hoping as hard as hell that it wouldn't come near me.
If the bus was empty, I'd crush it like a bug with my size 8 and 1/2 shoe.
So there.
CANNOT WAIT FOR SUNDAY
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.