Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Why am I so impatient? Why why WHY can't I just nicely sit and wait for 2 more weeks before the season finale of Hawaii 5-0 comes out before finding out who dies? But you know why? Its because of these stupid drippity drappy snippets being released on the internet, saying shit like "we can tell you that one of the regulars WILL be killed in action"

And my heart almost burst out of my chest, like in Alien, where that alien burst out of the the guy's chest after hibernating in his ribcage for 24 hours, and I will be left to die in a crippling state with a huge hole in my chest. Only that Alien freaked me out, because I watched it when I was like 8 years old or something, and I went to bed thinking that there would be a black slimy enormous insect-like monster lurking at the door and will pounce on me and rip my body in half, like the queen alien did to one of the crew mates. Only the crew mate turned out to be a robot, so instead of guts and blood, it was metal and yellow goo. So that was a slight relief.

Okay. Digressing. Back. The point here is that I heaved a huge sigh of relief when I was hunting for information online from American viewers who watched the season finale last night. And Kono and Steve and Danny and Chin all survive! THANK GOD. See, this is what being impatient is. But you know what, I call it being a very loyal and enthusiastic fan of Hawaii 5-0. Now the only question remaining is whether speculations that Danny will return to New Jersey is true.

Okay let's not think about that for now even though I JUST need to say that Danny MAKES the show. Along with Steve. And Kono. And Chin. You can send that drippy new CIA analyst girl Jenna BACK. She's a sod.

The mother and I were busy comparing the new and modern versions of Hawaii 5-0 by watching youtube clips last night. Can I just point out that the old Steve McGarrett is so NOT good looking? What's with that windswept fringe that sweeps to the side? Plus, he's old! And he's not as fit as the new Steve. Mum claims that the old Steve was so cool and laidback. When I showed her the new Steve McGarrett, she just scoffed:

M: "Look at the old Steve! I tell you, in my day, he was so cool and suave!"

S: "Who cares? He looks old and dodgy. He doesn't look like he can shoot a rifle."

(shows video clip of new Steve running after murderer in crowded market place in Waikiki, wearing bullet proof vest that I think makes him look SO hot, and then body slamming said suspect into booth)

M: (scoffs) "The producers only get the handsome people to come. They're not as good as Jack Lord (the actor playing the old Steve)

S: "THAT'S SO BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKE ME WILL WATCH THE NEW HAWAII 5-0. Plus, he's completly hot and muscular and was an ex Navy Seal. Plus, his title is Lieutanant Commander. Not like your old Steve who was ONLY called Detective. Lieutanant Commander is hot. AND he can cook and sew and knows krav maga and whatever, so he can help me cook and sew and teach me body combat and how to survive in a jungle and how to shoot a gun to defend myself."

M: "You need help."

I foresee that this will be one of the many arguments we will have about Steve McGarrett. I should let her watch one episode of Hawaii 5-0 and that will change her mind fer' sure.

4 more days til the big day. Someone help me because I only just started on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.