Saturday, May 28, 2011

The mother came home the previous evening with a new copy of Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows: Part 1 DVD. Watched it after lunch today and I have to say the movie turned out slightly better than I had expected - which wasn't very much, given the very disastrous sequels that David Yates had spurned. But I suppose the effects are better because the movie is split into two and that gives them more time to really stretch and elaborate the storylines better, rather than rushing and/or skipping entire sections of the book.

Anyhow, I'd have to say that Ron and Harry, especially Ron, look much better with a smidge of facial hair, as opposed to the clean-shaven school boy fresh pale faces when they're out hunting for Horcruxes in the wilderness. And Ron has really nice well defined shoulders!

Though I have to admit that Hermione has a rather nice wardrobe despite camping and scavenging in dirty dark forests and spooky countrysides, evading snatchers and duelling a large snake and a load of Death Eaters. Plus, she's so....slight. She actually reminds me of Bella from Twilight. Pale face with her eyes obviously drawn with eyeliner.

Pffft. Plus I think Bonnie Wright (Ginny) is pretty! I love her hair color. Though I'm slightly disturbed at the scene where she asks Harry to zip her dress up and her back is exposed. I suppose its expected of them, seeing as how they're all grown up. But I'll never be able to break free from the ideology that they'll always be tweens.

I cried when Dobby died. The way the scene evolved was so dramatically moving, as opposed to the book. Dobby was such a sweetie. And Bill was rather disappointing. He looks like a gothic vampire. All pale and scrawny and peaky-looking as opposed to the impression that I created out of the book: tall and tanned and a little more muscular.

The voiceovers in the movie, when Harry dreams and Voldermort whispers and all, remind me very strongly of the Lord of the Rings. When Frodo enters these trance-like states and he hears the titular voice of Sauron.

Regardless, I've GOT to able to watch Part 2. I want to see how the awesome threesome turn out when they're adults.

Morning workout has left me shattered. BC said I shoul try to come to terms with my calves when I spoke to him. He says its possible that aside from my genes, my 7 years of sprinting may be a contributory factor towards the development of my calf muscles because of the way we sprinters train.

I entered a slight state of depression upon hearing his words and was on the verge of crying when he said that, along with the suggestion that I need to learn acceptance and embrace my body.

All right.

I hate my calves. I don't care what BC says. I have unfeminine calves and will never wear skirts ever again. My future children will never be sprinting, that's all I can say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.