It occurs to me that I never have a poetic and meaninful way of starting a new post. I seem to jump straight to the point and shoot whatever it is on my mind out into the post. I've no patience for dilly dawdling and mind-games twisted with fancy schmancy words that seem to drive me away out of frustration after a while. You can never know - sometimes - the true meaning behind such colorful language and I'd rather people state in it black and white.
Lunch, then shopping with JL and DL. Its sort of surprising that they are two of the few people whom I'm friends with in secondary school who I manage to stay in touch with even after we graduated 4 years ago. Blimey 4 years. But when we sit and talk, it seems that like we've never left and that we're still struggling with geometry and remember pointless dates in history and paraphrasing Chinese words and paragraphs.
We lunched at a Japanese restaurant, and it was my absolute first time having a proper Japanese meal. I ordered a saba rice set that came with gyoza and a bowl of miso soup. I was bewildered to see only a pair of chopsticks, because the course included soup. And how was I supposed to have the soup without a spoon right? So I started asking JL if she has a spare spoon in her set and JL and DL both looked at me in an amused fashion and was all "You're supposed to drink it from the bowl, woman."
Right.
So we talked about our experiences in our respective schools and what went on after we went out seperate ways, which universities DL and I were planning to attend. DL got accepted to study Mass Communications in University of Buffalo. I'm jealous. Not because he's going - if he chooses to accept that is - there, he'd be going to New York City. God is openly mocking me in the face right now.
We went shopping after that, because JL needed new clothes and DL needed a get a cookbook for his domestic helper's birthday. Me. I just followed. I mean i DO need clothes, but I don't shop for clothes with friends. I shop for clothes alone. But it was equally fun to look at the clothes JL chose and give her opinions on what works for her and what didn't. DL commented that a dress that JL chose which I thought was awesome for workwear, looked like an apron, and that that another polka dotted dress she tried on screamed "farm girl goes to prom". We argued in the shop about that, because it simply screamed vintage and quirky, yet DL openly mocked my style and we went full on debating about the entire issue of styles and whatnot, just like we did when we were in the debating team.
God I miss the times I spent with them, especially with JL. Its hard to forget that we were best friends in secondary school. To be honest, I'm not sure about the idea of labeling people as best friends or not. Two people may be best friends in school for a long time, and after going seperate ways with the occasional meetup when they moved on and made new friends, are they still considered best friends then? It seems very dodgy to me.
But still. It was nice being able to meet with some old friends, considering how I've lost contact with most of my classmates over the years.
Going to make my second cake tomorrow. My first cake was an unfortunate failure due to a slight miscalculation on my part, having read 1 cup of milk instead of half cup milk and I ended up with an extremely watery batter. Have purchased all my ingredients, plus I've got a new cake tin with a removable base! I got it at Phoon Huat's AMK outlet, though this one was much smaller as compared to the one at Bugis. Still. I suppose it'll be nice to start with a small and simple cake and slowly work my way to other cakes.
Brace yourselves!
Countdown to Graduation: 20 more days bitches!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.