Friday, July 22, 2011

I wonder if my mother is on the verge of expriencing the empty nest syndrome with her second child. Not that I'm moving out permanently or that all of her children are leaving home for good, but this past week has been rather dream -ike for me, and I have to pinch myself in the arm and go "Is this really happening?"

My mother and I have been spending much more time with each other this past week, due to the fact that we're busy getting the necessities for dorm and all. We've been heading out to town quite frequently and shopping. Thank God for that. Going out I mean. Because I just cannot stay home all the time and do nothing, because I'm born to move. I'm sorry but I cannot so go ahead and sue me. Sure I could read, but I cannot sit on my butt for hours at a time. Anyway, it isn't the shopping that excites me, but the time that we spend with each other makes me feel like God is giving me chance to reevelop my relationship with my mother and casting aisde the very rocky and turbulent one we had when I was growing up. I feel so much closer to my mother this past week than I ever did when I was younger.

Take today, for instance, we went shopping for facial cleansers today and we spent like 7 hours walking around town and getting our hands smeared with samples of face creams and lotions and scrubs and gossiping over the poor linguistic abilities of the salesladies and marvelling at the brilliance of the Shu Umera sales representative who just had to take one look at our face without touching it and telling us what our skin types were, followed by a dinner of prawn noodle soup together.

I suppose the most enriching moment was when she reached out and held my hand as we strolled across the breezy streets of Orchard Roads and I felt like I was 7 years old again.

Funny how time changes the dynamics of my relationship with my mother. Previously, my mother was the main motivation behind my cuts. And now here we are bonding with each other without anymore fights and cursing and swearing and how I had been so jealous of girls who treat their mothers like their best friends.

Right. So on a more serious note, I've looked through the HSS Freshman Guidebook regarding the subjects and I think I've pretty much figured it out. I think. I just need to pick 2 GER-PEs for Semester 1 right? Right? At least, I hope I'm right. Maybe I'll make some distress calls to other people and check with them, just in case I'm being a silly douche and messing everything up.

9 more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.