Monday, July 11, 2011

Great. Now my calves ache from not stretching properly after yesterday's run.

I spent the afternoon watching Transformers: Dark of the Moon at Shaw Theatre at NEX. Joe was right. The effects were bloody awesome. I was cringing in my seat all the way because I was completely psyched about how Steven actually created the visual effects for the robots.

A Caucasian girl sat next to me and she was eating out of this vat of buttered popcorn and it smells so friggin good. Now that I mention her, Joe is entirely wrong about people watching movies alone at the cinema. The Caucasian girl watched the movie alone too. So did I. And about 3 other people whom I saw were sitting by themselves. How unfortunate that the social stigma attached to us people who are comfortable who saying "one ticket for so-and-s0 movie" is that of a loner with a lack of friends. I say that the mass population are simply too scared.

Anyhow, Transformers 3 felt a little too long. 2 and half hours! Bejesus. I was desperate for the loo. But the action and violence and effects of the movie was just too awesome. Its fun watching a movie that has hot soldier guys with tight arms and straddling guns, covered with muck, sweat and blood.

I cried when Bumblebee was about to get blown up by the Decepticon, and how he looked at Shia one last time. Well, of course Bumblebee won't die! Of course something good will happen and he will be saved in a nick of time! Bejesus.

Oh, and the Rosie Huntington was completely useless in this movie. All she did was show her impossibly long gams and impossibly lithe figure off and scream for Mother Mary for Sam to rescue her. Yes, she's a model. Yes, she's a skinny bitch. Yes, she has a figure that only a female alienoid could have. PISH POSH. Though I must say its a slightly refreshing change to have a blonde female lead, as opposed to Megan Fox, though I felt her British accent isn't as crisp as I'd like it to be.

Regardless, this movie was considerably better than the second sequel.

Did I mention one of my favourite parts of watching a movie at the cinema is the preview of the trailers? Watching trailers in the darkened cinema is so different from watching trailers at home on Youtube. Captain America looks appealing, so does Cowboys and Aliens. I'm so watching these two. And Harry Potter 7, but only during the second or third week when the crowds die down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.