Went for streetjazz and hiphop open classes yesterday.
Both classes were conducted by this dance instructor called Bryan I think. And honestly, out of all the open classes I've been to, his classes left me with an aching neck and back. We did some crunches first, which were pretty all right because Allegra does that too.
And we moved on to choreo with the song, Revolver, by Madonna. I have just realized that when it comes to a routine, I need to practice multiple times before I get it right. Which made me frustrated, because the rest of the people in the class got it all right after like 4 times or something like that and I need a little more than that. Anyhow, when I wasn't sure, I simply looked at the girl in front of me and attempted to copy her movements (:
Shir lyn attended the classes as well (: Haven't seen her in a while and it was cool seeing her there. I copied her movement too, because she's a great dancer.We were in the same audition slot for TPDE auditions and I remember looking at her reflection and simply copying them when the lead choreographer was teaching the routine, because I couldn't see her. Plus, we were in the same group for TPDE camp for freshies. Shir lyn's got a lot experience and is so darn wild. Girl in the pink pants!
Bryan's feedback for me was that my upper body movements are good, but my footwork needs work because he suspects that I may still not be sure of how to shift weight when I move around and stuff. Which I realized made sense. Plus, Bryan told all of us that a good dancer means having control over all parts of the body, from the head to the toe. Need. To. Work. On. That.
I really hope its because my shoes are too big and this can give me an excuse to actually buy proper shoes to dance in? I don't suppose my mum will fall for that trick.
Still, open classes by Bryan was a refreshing change because the style was different. Kinda quirky and fun to do (:
Went hope after that and ate dinner. Watched Mamma Mia with Mum for a while but went to sleep after that because my body was aching and I needed sleep. Unfortunately, I slept for the first hour or so, woke up at 3am and couldn't sleep til maybe 6 and slept until 10am. My circadian rhthym is all messed up. I don't know why but it sucks. Need to drink milk and eat some almonds before I sleep tonight. That's my miracle cure for "early-morning insomnias"
Whee no school tomorrow because its SDL for A&P. Hopefully there is not CG, or I'll have to come for only 1 stupid hour. I'll spend tomorrow working on Abnormal Psych.
Lunch together at Warren Country Club with the grandfather, because he just sold his memership and has free lunch coupons to burn.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.