Friday, December 11, 2009
Went for Gin's class today at O School, and I might say it was a very trying experience. There were like 2 or 3 people whom I recognized, one of whom is my senior in TPDE. Was expecting Kesh, Marcus and/or Shirlyn to be there as well, but they weren't. I suppose they're still having exams. But still, it was probably a blessing. I didn't want them to see how unclean my steps were. Gin used this song - Hard - by Rihanna for the choreography.
I definitely need to improve. I caught most of the steps, but it was way unclean. And when I looked at others, they seemed to be hitting harder than me and I'm like, how did they do that. I mean they look good hitting it hard, but when I do it, it looks wrong.
Then Gin had XueHui tape it when I honestly hope it doesn't get posted on youtube or something, because I seriously sucked. I suddenly couldn't do the steps properly, as compared to when the routine was being recorded.
The same went for Lyrical Hip Hop. Caught majority of the steps but pretty unclean and with me either not hitting hard enough or looking wrong when i attempt to do so, screwed up during the videotaping session. I wonder how going for open classes will help me overcome this problem. I think Lyrical Hip Hop is nice, if you do it well. I like how you dance according to the lyrics, such that almost every movement has a meaning prescribed to it. Still, it was my 1st time doing LA and Lyrical Hip Hop and it was relatively different from Hip Hop or Reggae.
I'm pretty afraid that I'm actually not improving. I mean, from day 1 as compared to now, I definitely can catch steps faster and remember them. I think I'm suspended between Beginner and Intermediate level.
Gah! I've been watching reruns of Holland Village. Plus, found this totally awesome comedy from 1988 called Roseanne and am currently addicted to it.
Health Psych quizzes are due this Sunday and I have not touched a single one. Shall do them tomorrow before I go for dance. Toodles (:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.