Friday, March 13, 2009


<-- Serene and her roomie : Cassandra :) Her dad teaches at my brother's school too! Isn't that just a coincidence?

Today was school field trip to the Asian Civilization Museum!

First we watched a documentary that turned out to be only for viewing the natural scenery purposes, then switched to another movie set in China, which turned out to be all right.

Then Cassandra and I ate lunch with Shinn and, erm another one of our classmates, whose name I can't exactly recall then Cassandra and I played a card game called 99 with some of our class peeps as well while waiting for the briefing. REAL FUN. I realize I don't hardly know any card games at call, except for Cheat! and Blackjack, both of which are the kiddie version.

I think I'll just stick to my Barbie dolls thank you.

So we all headed down to the museum and it was pretty amazing, seeing all the ancient sculptures and statues and paintings and whatnot. But we were rushing since we were on a schedule, so it took most of the fun away.

We were dismissed at around 5.15pm and I had to get to Bugis to meet someone, only to realize that she smsed me to say to meet at Hougang and I was like +_+ So I just told her to postpone our date to another day, since I was real tired and hadn't had dinner. Then I stopped by Orchard intending to get more shampoo since I've run out, only to hear there was no stock left.

Double +_+

Like what am I gonna do without my shampoo? Okay I NEED my shampoo. It's organic! And and its important, at lease for ME, to have organic shampoo.

Bugger.

So I went back to Ang Mo Kio, grabbed some bread for dinner and went home. I seriously wanted to lie on my bed and sleep, but I couldn't. I promised myself I would go and run. So I dragged by butt off the couch and went to jog for about 50 minutes. I did aerobics yesterday for about 1 hour, and my butt and legs were straining and I was sweating like a pig and seriously bushed. How come these people can go on jumping and kicking and doing the same routing for like 10minutes straight without stopping?

It's just amazing, really.

I watched Jon and Kate Plus 8 reruns and I have now decided that I want a set of twins. I want a barrel of babies running around the place and when then they hug and kiss each other when they make each other sad and decide to make up and be best baby buddies again :)

!!!!!

Zomg I was watching the news with my mum just now. Did I mention in Mandarin? Then there was this feature about Miss Denise Phua, MP and my bro's principal and my mum, who is unable to speak or understand Mandarin due to not having any ounce Chinese blood pumping through her veins, turned round ad asked me "Serene, what's happening?"

And I just went "Uh. Something happened to Miss Phua. Something about someone calling her 32 times and something about being concerned for her welfare. "

And my Mum was like "Is that all?"

And I just said "Yeah something like that" And quickly scuttled away and went into the confines of my room where she can't interrogate me further. Darn. I'm losing my Chinese touch. Weird enough, there were times when I was in primary school when I actually tried rejecting my Chinese roots, because I found out my mum was part European and I was like " Mummy is from the Europe part so I wanna be like her! Europeans are cool! I don't want to be like Daddy"

You know I think I still do that. I'm suffering from post colonial hangover. I wanna emigrate to the States and stay there.

Holy cow. Did you just hear that? 12 generations of the Juan family just turned over in their graves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.