God. I am such a durr brain.
I was supposed to go to the NUS Psychology Fair today so I left in the morning for I had Spanish class at 2pm. The whole journey took longer than I expected. It was about 1 and a half hours and when I reached NUS. I was like stunned. Because, the campus was disturbingly enormous than I anticipated.
I reached the bus stop outside the faculty of Engineering or something, at about 11am and I went to look at the campus map to get my bearings and discovered that the faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences was at at OPPOSITE end of the campus.
At that moment I was thinking where I should go, so I decided to cut through the car park at the Engineering block and swim my way there.
Little did I know that I would be in for a maze.
Apparently I underestimated the distance from each faculties, so I was all "Okay, it should take about 10 minutes to go there"I had to get out of Engineering Drive 3, cut through the Archaeological Drive and reach HSS. And I walked and walked and walked and walked and by the time I looked at my watch, it was 11.30 and I had been walking for almost 20 minutes and I looked at the road sign an it read:
Engineering Drive 3.
Okay. So I continued walking. And the worse thing was that it was scorching hot, the roads were inclined so it was like climbing up the stairs and I was wearing black, my fuzzy puffy hair was like sticking to me and I was pissed. So I walked for another 10 minutes, turning and walking and all and looked up, hoping to be at the Drive by now and instead, I found myself staring at the sign entitled:
Engineering Drive 2.
That was it. I've been walking around in circles, it's freaking hot, I'm covered in sweat and look like a pig, my hair is sticking to my face and I haven't got a clue where the HSS faculty is supposed to be. And the horrid thing was that I never saw a single person on my way. Except for construction workers, but I'd rather burn myself at the stake than utter a word to them.
So I was all dejected and tired and sloppy and defeated and messy and crappy and had to walk back ALL the way to Drive 3 and made my way to Clementi Station. Then I went to Bugis to walk around before heading for my Spanish class.
Seriously what a bummer, because I promised Jess I'd get her some brochures, but Miss-Spatially-Challenged over here can't navigate her away around and ends up trotting round the drives and complaining and giving up.
Oh did I mention. I binged at dinner today. I shall not say what I ate, but yeah I binged so I felt really guilty after that so I went to run for about an hour.
Oh and also, did I mention, I'm going out with Jess on Thursday to SUNTEC CITY.
Oh and I mentioned to my mum if we could all go watch Disney on Ice: Princess Wishes. She kept saying "okay, i'll go online and find out"
And the funny part is, she hasn't gotten round to it.
And I'm kinda bummed out, because I really want to go watch it. I love Disney, especially the princesses, ESPECIALLY Aurora because she's my favourite. The last I went to watch Disney on Ice was when I was, probably around 7, and I remember crying to my dad because it had ended and I went wailing " I don't want to go! I want a fairy wand!"
So my mum told my big old papa to follow me to the souvenir stand to get a magical fairy one, similar to what the awesome fairies carried in Sleeping Beauty. It has a button and when you press it, it makes that noise that sounds as though you're creating a spell.
I spent the entire day after that pressing the button and waving my large wand over my mum and dad saying "Turn into a frog!"
My mum has thrown it out, because she says it takes up space. I wish I can go back and get more Disney Princes related stuff.
I doubt I can ever do that right now. I doubt we'd even be going to watch the show tomorrow =/
I'm bummed out right now, and really disappointed :/
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.