Monday, March 30, 2009

HA.

Am in my hotel room now, using Cass' laptop to type out this post while she's bathing.

Well so far its been awesome since departure. All the GC students are so nice and we get long quite easily. The weather is so darn cold! Apparently bringing tees was a bad idea, because the material is so thin. Plus, I had no gloves, so I borrowed em' from Cass. But you don't get cold weather often so its nice for a change, plus, it snowed! But only briefly, like a few minutes or so.

The food here is ABSOLUTELY greasy! Even the veggies. I was grossed out. I am SO going to go on a diet when I come back.

OH and we climbed the Great Wall of China today! Initially, Mr Kubo, myself and some guys were leading, but then it was getting a little late so Mr Kubo and I decided to stop, but Ernie, a guy from my class ( who is half Chinese, half Thai by the way), along with the boys decided to trudge their way up to the highest peak. I stopped at the second highest peak.

Climbing the Wall was horribly tiring. The steps were uneven and they can be real steep. And my short legs basically struggled to climb them. I was sweating when I reached the top. The view is AMAZING by the way. But my stupid camera died out before that and I didn't have the charger, so I just used my handphone camera.

Then some of us got small engraved certificate-cum-plate that declared we managed to scour our way up 888m of the Great Wall. COOLIOS. Oh and I got a dry cough from scaling the Wall because the air there was cold and dry.

Then we went to Mr Tea's Teahouse and we were introduced the to the background of different kinds of tea. I bought Pu'er, Oolng and White tea - authentic , may I add - then we ate greasy dinner which turned me off.

Tomorrow, tai'chi and visiting the rehab centre and old folks' home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.