Tuesday, March 3, 2009


Hooookay. Just received an email from Miss Street about the details for Global Citizenship. Lectures and tutorials start next week. All I can say is THANK GOD because I was starting wonder which kitchen knife I should use to plunge into my guts just so I can be spared from the hell of boredom and monotony.

9th March (9am) - Lecture and tutorial
10th March (9am) - Lecture and tutorial
11th March (9am) - Lecture and tutorial
12th March (9am) - Lecture and tutorial
16th March - GC Common Test ( hello? Tests? No one MENTIONED anything about
tests!)
19th March - Pre-trip Project Report Submission
23rd March - Pre-trip Project Report Consultation
24th Match - Shu Yu turns 18 ( random, but I just had to out it there, since it’s on my calender)
28th March - Check in at Changi Airport at 9.30pm ( midnight flight to China! WHOO)


29th March to 4th April - WELCOME ME WITH OPEN ARMS, CHINA
8th April - Trip report submission
13th April - Post-trip Project consultation
16th April - Project presentation

I am still disturbed by the fact that there are tests. WHY? It is the holidays. One should be spared from the drudgery of having to endure horrid studying and tests after having been through immense potentiation of studying for finals. I can still remember stuff from I/O. Hersey ( NOT Hershey’s! I wrote that in the exam) and Blanchard’s leadership model, stages of group forming, equity theory of motivation. Right

Well. For starters, having faced much psychological disturbance for the past 10 years, I feel I’m a qualified authority on this subject to raise my point of view on tests.


Pressure is part and parcel of examinations and is detrimental to the mental and physical health of a student. For example, stress, falling sick, HAIR LOSS and others. This can lead to breakdowns and even suicidal thoughts and furthermore, parents and teachers are somehow, extremely gifted in reminding us students of the consequences of failure, or not meeting expectations, thereby elevating the amount of pressure imposed on our already burdened shoulders.

But hello, the education system doesn’t give a rat’s butt about what WE go through. Lee Hsien Loong’s awesome rally on Teach Less, Learn More is all talk and no action. Please.

Plus, I looked through the list of possible topics for the project and hello, I almost died right there and then. Now I know what they mean by culture shock.

Business and Entrepreneurship. Politics and Government. Environment. Geography. Peace and Conflict. Economics. All so….non psychology =/

Politics bore me. I’m not really interested in the urban landscapes of China, I’m not exactly into power, greed and corruption happening in said country. Though I probably could talk about environmental hazards in China and how it can affect transportation and landscape there.

I shall worry about project topic selections later. I watched another movie this morning. Independence Day. Starring the ever awesome and good looking and suave Will Smith, alongside Bill Pullman and Jeff Goldberg.

Aliens planning to take over the Earth by wiping out our natural resources and annihilating the humans and eventually to take over the universe. So this American guy figures out a way to disable the mother alien ship, disengage communication to her baby ships and then kill the aliens.


Did I mention Will Smith is awesome? He's got Great. Abs. In this movie.

I love the movies he’s in, for example, Shark’s Tale, Men in Black ( only the 1st one), Hitch, Enemy of the State, I LOVE watching Enemy of the State.

Right its, 3.30pm now, and I have nothing to do. I shall go find another DVD to watch and get on the elliptical machine and work my butt off. That way I won’t feel like a bum doing nothing but watching TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.