I'm not sure how to react to my aunt's reaction to this. But all I can say this I am going to avoid talk of religion of American politics when I'm in her presence from now on. While I admit not being up to date as I like on the presidential campaign between Obama and Romney, I do think that if I were given the chose, I wouldn't vote for the latter, who is vehemently opposed to gay marriage.
I think its this kind of backward thinking that gets people in trouble in the first place, that makes citizens unhappy as they fight for change due to modernity. Does God really teach us to hate homosexuals? Did the Bible explicitly state that? After all, aren't the Bible, the Koran, the Torah and other holy scriptures written by Man? God didn't write them. Man wrote them. To be human is to err, and we can't confidently say that our holy scriptures are completely accurate can we? Moreover, scriptures are subject to various interpretations. I have Christian friends who have friends who have homosexual. I myself personally know a friend who admitted to me that he is gay, despite being Muslim.
So why is that some can accept homosexuality while others cannot? What does Romney intend to do with gays? Kill them? Deny them rights just because they so happen to be attracted to someone of the same sex?
And personally speaking, based on what I've been reading about the Iraq-American war, Obama seems to be doing a far better job that Bush at cleaning up the mess of war that Bush initiated. Didn't Obama say that he would withdraw NATO troops from Iraq and Afghanistan, and that is exactly what he did? Doesn't he agree that millionaires, billionaires and other rich-ass white folks that make the 1% of the American population should pay their fair taxes of others that would challenges the very essence of capitalism and its profit-making ideology? Plus, Obama inherited a very messy economically-weak and disrupted America from dumb-ass Bush and managed to add at least 2 million dollars worth of jobs to the economy? And yes, we all know that jobs are scarce in the States now and people are blaming Obama left and right, but he did add 2 million dollars worth of jobs right? After all, Rome wasn't built in a day.
I don't understand any of this. How nice it'd be, given the current circumstance and happenings and frustrations around the world, to live in an igloo in the North Pole right now? I wonder if I can have cable TV, because seriously, I NEED cable TV to survive.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.