Tuesday, May 15, 2012
In between deciding how I can go about making space in my measly bookshelf for my two new books, and gleefully anticipating Thursday night in which I will finally watch the Avengers, I am just lolling around at home and living off the hard earned money of my dad. And, I need to brush up on my writing skills. I sound like a tween writing in her diary, with my use of informal breezy style of words.
I've been harangued by the mother to start clearing the suitcase in which I stuffed my school files when I was shifting out of dorm, not tomorrow, not next week, but right now with a capital N. Since 2 weeks ago.
That reminds me. I need to submit my GSS Indemnity Form. Now. No, I can't. No envelope or stamps. Sheesh talk about procrastination much.
Spent a glorious 3 hours at Kinokuniya wandering the bookshelves and aimlessly brushing my fingers along the beautiful spines of the shiny new books along each aisle and basking in the intellectual richness of the entire place. If I won a million dollars, I'd spend all the money I want on books, and rustic beautiful bookshelves to store my books. With curtains draping over it, just for that touch of softness. Or maybe I should install sliding panels with a lock so my mother won't be able to look at the array of books and start her spring-cleaning frenzy.
That reminds me. I need to get a new copy of The Order of the Phoenix and the Half Blood Prince. Their spines have been torn away, much like how Predator rips the spines of the platoon of soldiers in the forests to keep as trophies, much to the chagrin of Arnold Schwarzenegger who has to flee from the Predator and kill it to seek revenge for his beloved friends, all in the swampy forests of Guatemala. That was such an awesome movie, even though I spent half the time hiding my face behind the cushion and covering my ears while my dad tried in vain to tug the cushion away and I ended up screaming and running from the room.
Arnold S used to make such good movies. Then he became some governor. Acting and politics. I see the connection. Predator 2 wasn't so bad either. But Predators was a nightmare, and Adrien Brody was in it. Am utterly disappointed in his decision to act in the sequel. Just like Alien. Alien, Alien 2 and Alien 3 were awesome, in a gory disgusting way, but Alien vs. Predator was a complete wash-out, meant to satisfy the twisted fantasy of some cheap filmmaker. Seriously. All these spinoffs completely cheapen the original plot of the story.
The only person I can discuss action movie, and atrocious sequels are is with Caleb. He completely understands where I'm coming from. I remember we spent a good hour before dinner at the inn in Lobuche taking about the movies we saw, our reviews and its spinoffs and recommending movies to each other during our trek to Mount Everest Base Camp.
Speaking of spinoffs, I am gleefully anticipating tomorrow's episode of Hawaii 5-0! 2 more episodes til the finale. I'm going to die, because this means I cannot watch my gorgeous Steve for a few more months until Season 3 premieres.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.