Monday, April 5, 2010

It's been a while since I wrote a proper post. So here goes. Well not that anything interesting has happened to me - more of like I'm bored and I need to occupy my mind with something.

Shoe, Huda and I went out sometime last week to look at guitars, where apparently Shu Yun came across a certain Daisy Rock guitar that resembles the one that Taylor Swift used in her music video for "Our Song". It's nice I have to admit, with the glitter and all. I'd love to learn how to play the acoustic guitar and the piano, then I can play all the tunes that I want to.

We went to Mad Jack (at the POMO) after that and we shared cheese fries and we decided to walk them fries off by walking all the way from POMO to Far East Plaza. Considering how far Dhoby Ghaut is to Orchard, I'd say we did a job well done.

Oh and I went for class on Saturday and I sucked to the max. Okay maybe not really, but apparently an Intermediate class puts your musicality to the test, something which I've not quite grasped yet. I mean I knew what all the steps were. It's just that I cannot connect the steps to the very fast beat & lyrics of the music as yet.

According to dance.about.com, "Perfect timing is being able to "let go" and allow yourself to express your feelings through your movements, instead of trying to keep count of the beats in your head. When you achieve perfect timing, your dancing will appear relaxed and natural. You will no longer need to count beats, as your body will be fully aware of its place in the music at all times. Professional dancers are masters at perfect timing."

And this based on this interpretation, I can very conclude that out all of the eight 8s of the routine, I have perfect timing for only the first 8 counts. When I did the 1st eight, I was not even thinking about it. It's like my arms and legs and chest just moved - like it had a mind of its own. This phenomenon is labelled muscle memory, fyi. The rest of the 7 eights were a bit of a nightmare though I would say I was definitely sharper as compared to previous experiences.

I just hope the instructor does not post the video of us doing the routine. Its bad enough that he put me in front. I honestly did not know WHY he made me stand in front. I made a mess and ruined his lovely sexy routine.

I hate myself.

Sod it. I'm going to watch Speed now. Hearing the theme song makes me all jumpy and adrenaline-excited. KEANU REEVES ROCKS. How come Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves still look so youthful even though the movie was filmed like 16 years ago? It's a mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.