Monday, December 15, 2008



whoo. just went to watch The Day the Earth Stood Still with the family & I have to admit, even though the plot is rather predictable, it actually sends out this really meaningful message - we humans are killing the Earth. Keanu Reeves (gorgeous man) plays this humanoid who comes down to Earth to warn the humans that our race will perish because if what we're doing, like not recycling, and not saving electricity and stuff.

I guess the director of the movie wants us to be more aware of the fact that right now, we are basically at the edge of the cliff, like a precipice and that it is right now, that we should begin to take action and change to help preserve our planet.

Speaking of movies & hot guys, I was on a movie marathon, where I watched Sweet Home Alabama, Tears of the Sun, The Kingdom, and Click. And I composed a list:

Serene's List of Hottest Men

Aragorn from The Lord of the Rings ( rugged gorgeous man)


Jake Perry from Sweet Home Alabama ( beautiful guy. AND AND he has these gorgeous blue peepers and when he smiles... ... ... ... sweet Jesus.)

Danny Kelley from Tears of the Sun ( gorgeous beautiful Navy Seal who's sensitive and is a corpsman. He's got strong and muscular hands that can sweep a girl off her feet, yet gentle enough to stitch up a cut.)


Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean. A little dim and witty but he's chiseled features and man hands make up for his little witty acts.


Ioan Gruffudd.( YES, it is the dude from Fantastic Four, but he looks weird in F4. He's gorgeous when he plays Lancelot in King Arthur. AND , his chiseled features and strong jawline makes my knees go weak.)

Hector, from Troy. God, this gorgeous guy looks fantastic without a shirt on. Hot guys with great bodies who don't wear shirts make me go weak in the knees.


There you have it - my list of hottest men. At least, for now! I think Christian Bale looks great in Batman too. I realized that all the guys in my list have like deep voices, chiseled features plus man hands. AND when they're topless? Dang if I don't find myself in heaven. PLUS most of them have beard! Well not really beards, more like a stubbly stubble, the kind men get when they shave for like two or thee days. I like it that way. Rugged and sexy, yet not overdone. I mean, come on some men look ridiculous with too much facial hair. Like:

Participant 1) Noah Wyle, better known as John Carter in E.R

hot





not hot





Participant 2) Keanu Reeves, better known as Neo in The Matric trilogy


hot











not hot










Get the picture. Jesus, they look like they time-warped from the Stone Age into the new millennium & never quite recovered from the aftermath and the shock of it all. Sure facial hair looks sexy & smashing on a guy, but not THAT much til you look like a caveman. Think, "Honey, I forgot to shave since two days ago so I hope my stubble won't irritate. I know how sensitive your skin is, baby."
Alas, I can only dream. Ooh Love Actually on Channel 5's going to end soon. It's the scene where Colin Firth's character goes to find Natalie. Ooh Colin Firth sounds so sweet and sincere and silly when he speaks fractured Portuguese to Natalie. Or is he speaking Spanish to her? Since there's " bonita" and "vive" and "Angleterre", which means pretty, live and England respectively. Maybe Portuguese and Spanish are a little similar. Hmmm. Oh, and Sam runs down the hallway in the airport to find Joanna, the girl he secretly digs. Great, even 10 year olds find love. I am so pathetic. Life is so UNFAIR.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.