Thursday, December 25, 2008




















MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS!


Went over to my granddad's house to celebrate Christmas and it was the usual. Ate dinner at around 7.30pm and then we hung around the TV and watched Oprah Winfrey at the Hallmark Channel coz Josh Groban was performing and my Aunt ADORES Josh. PLUS, my dad offered me a glass of white and red wine! The white wine was bitter, maybe because I'm novice but my dad says its sweet =/ Then he let me try his red wine and I almost hurled it back into the wine glass because I thought it was SO sour. I played Monopoly - World Edition with my two cousins and I never realized how, well big they've grown, until I heard my first cousin speak AND his voice broke! Ah, the wonders of puberty.

Then later around 9, we started exchanging Christmas gifts around the tree and surprisingly this year's haul was well more than last year's. Every year I always receive the same number of gifts. One from my sis, one from the mama, one from each of my two aunts and one from each of my dad's cousins. But this year was a little more. Tee hee not that I'm comparing, just.....SURPRISED:

1) Atonement DVD from sis.
2) Silver pouch from Auntie Sharon.
3) Choker with a little crown as an accessory from M.E.L Accessories from Auntie Juanita. (not that I wear chokers, but still :)
4) Cupcakes from Jia Li.
5) Chandelier earrings from Lynette
6) Bag and Precious Moments notebook from Dad's 1st Cousin.
7) Hello Kitty mini radio from Auntie Catherine
8) Christmas $$$ from Mum (to let us buy whatever we want since we're all grown up.)
9) Present from Dad's 2nd cousin which we left at Granddad's house
10) Wallet from one of my neighbours


OH plus one of my dad's cousin's wife just had a baby and HE IS SOOOOOOOO ADORABLE. Too bad its a Chinese baby and not a Caucasian baby, but still! He looked so sweet in his little stroller and I got pissed because all my other relatives were crowding around him and cooing and making sloppy little kissing noises and I wanted to see and play with him too! Hmph!

But while the adults gathered at the dining table drinking coffee and wine and engaging in adult talk, I snuck up to the baby and starting making sloppy kissing noises and playing a peek-a-boo with him! And he laughed!!!!!!! Then I put my finger in his teen teeny tiny little palm and he grasped it! Lo and behold! The Grasp Reflex - just like what we learnt in Phsyio Psych! I was awed. Then I stroked his small little foot AND his cute button toes immediately spread out - just like what he learnt in Physio Psych - The Babinski Reflex! I was amazed. Awwww I can't wait to experience that for myself - well as a mother I mean! Its just amazing.

So it was all merry and good cheer and we left at around 10. When we came back Bobby was all happy to see us and jumped and whined at us to carry him but like 7 seconds later he slumped in a corner & showed that usual droopy expression of his. Apparently dogs can feel angry because we couldn't bring him to over as my Dad said that he might bark and scare the baby and the younger kids there. Bummer.

Then my parents and I watched a Bollywoood movie on Mio TV while my other siblings did their own stuff and we were amazed how how beautiful the Bollywood actresses can get. And they can dance really well, the guys included! I think Indians are natural dancers since dance is like in their blood or something, just like Jazz is in mine. Seriously. They. Are. Stunning. Sure they're(the actresses) not skinny but they're curvy and come on, who would want a skinny bony woman( think Kate Moss & Keira & Posh) as a sex symbol when you've these Indian women who have the booty & ooze sexuality and charm?

If I were a guy, I'd chain them to the bed.


the traditional Christmas tree that that my granddad always sets up



the traditional singing Santa Claus figurine(which my aunt gets out of the store room every Christmas) that blares out the crappiest, most out-of-tuned Christmas jingles ever. ( vouched for by the Juan clan)

my 2nd cousin( to my right) and my Dad's 2nd cousin's daughter( extreme left), whose name she keeps squeaking to me but can't be retained in my sub cranium. She's really cute - she saw my cuz and I taking photos and she hovered around us til I invited her take this shot together and she broke into a smile and hopped on the spot









my ever first glass of white wine



The miracle and wonders of the grasp reflex as seen in teeny tiny cute little babies :)












No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.