Something weird, unexpected and cute just happened just now.
I was walking around the neighbourhood after burning my eyes for 5 hours doing Physio Psych SDL when I saw this Indian mother and her 2 children, a toddler and well, another kid, like maybe 5 years old. The toddler, was running around her mother and squealing happily while it attempted to run up a slope but couldn't and kept losing its balance.
So as I approached them - all with the intention of walking past them and making my way home - and somehow I made eye contact with the toddler. She had this big beautiful eyes that I fell in love with and I was smiling at her and thinking what a pretty baby she is, when ALL OF A SUDDEN, she walked up to me, clutched my wrist, looked at me in the eye and said : "Mama".
My first thought was, "What?" And I got all confused because first of all, I do NOT look like an Indian mother and secondly, I am NOT Indian for that matter. I did not know what to do I mean, have you ever been in a situation where this virtually unknown baby girl walks up to you and calls you her mother? No, I don't think so. Then I saw he real mother turn around and started saying something in Tamil or Hindi and looking at me with this odd look. I quickly scuttled away before she could do or say anything. Christ, I wouldn't want her to think I'm some pervertic paedophile who silently preys on toddlers and snatches them away. Sure I want to have children one day, but its not like I'm desperate to take another mother's child away.
But still! The girl was so sweet and lovely and adorable! And just for the record, that was NOT, how I imagined I would be called by my baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.