Friday, August 5, 2011

2011 has brought such distressing and wrenching situations that I am forced to confront and resolve. The types of events that I'm having to decide on make the little decisions I had to make so insiginificant, its like these events are of such paramount importance.

As I reflect back on the sacrifices I've made in terms of dance, it just evokes this odd sense of accomplishment and slight disappointment. It amazes me to see that some people can so effortlessly perform so well in their studies and juggle multiple non-academic related activities and enjoy life.

I love dance. I really do. If I were allowed to take a long break and dance and improve, I definetly would. But this is reality. My studies are equally important. Of course I know we should not focus on grades, but I suppose but in the midst of having to make these decisions and pick a front, its made me more aware of myself. Moreover, I've come to realize that I'm incapable of thinking independently for myself, despite being 20 years old. To be more precise, I think its that I need to hear the opinions of other people whom I respect before making a decision.

Follow your heart. Right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.