Friday, November 13, 2009

"Taken together, the current study speculates that Singaporeans are inherently altruistic social creatures, but scores of episodes in which exposure to a multitude of extrinsic rewards subsequent to performing an act of graciousness or of prosocial intents, has unwittingly given birth to an overjustification effect. As such, prosocial behaviors have come to be dependant on the administration of an extrinsic reward and therefore, debilitating the likelihood of engaging in a helping behavior out of altruistic tendencies, which may provide an explanation as to Singaporeans’ reluctance to publicly offer assistance."


Huzzah! APIP indvidual literature review is finally completed!

This past week has been insane. Majority of time had been devoted to researching and attempting to piece my APIP report together. I didn't manage to read through Chapter 3 for Counselling and Abnormal Psych for the quiz. Darn.

CCN Day was a bit of a blur today. I didn't exactly help out, since we were only selling flowers, and there was nothing much to be done. Jess and I had our picture taken together with a gorgeous husky called Rusty (: We had to wait pretty long, but it was pretty worth it, because the photos came our nice, and we saw 5 other breeds of dogs!

I am motivated to adopt another dog right now.

Qianhui and I walked to Tampines Mall from school today and I actually enjoyed the journey. The rain has just stopped; it was cloudy and the weather was cooling. Plus, the path that we did was away from the hustle & bustle of the traffic, so it was a pretty therapeutic due to the comforts of the atmosphere.

I went to Cotton On to get a sweater - one of which I already have but in gray - in black. Qianhui bought. STUFFS. She had gotten a sweat parka from Uniqlo meant for the male species - with her intention indicated that she wanted to wear it - but later claims that its for Nicholas. HMMM.

Anyway, I spent a lot of time talking to Jess and Qianhui and it's sort of made me more aware of how little time I spent my mother growing up. How we never go shopping together or put make up together. Majority of my memories with her involved either arguments or one word responses from me. I don't really like going home actually, unless its back to my room, because its my safe haven & my Zen palace. I like spending time away from home, because I don't have to hear my Mum talk. Whenever I talk, she responses in a way that sounds as though she's pissed, which makes me even more annoyed.

I have a very complicating relationship with my family; a dysfunctional bond with my mother.

I decided to borrow a book from the library today, recommended to me, called The Lovely Bones, by Alice Sebold. I've heard of it, but not actually read it, so I figured it'll be a good time to remember why I fell in love with reading all over again (:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.