Sunday, November 15, 2009

Just finished reading The Lovely Bones, by Alice Sebold. As as good as I thought it would be. It's interesting to read it from the perspective of a dead girl and how she recounts her family growing and going on without her. But somehow I didn't feel absorbed in it. I was really into the novel during the first few chapters, but deeper into the book I lost the essence and feel of it.

Maybe it's just that I have different tastes and expectations in books. So far, the books that I dearly loved to read are:

1. My Sister's Keeper
2. Salem Falls
3. Perfect Match
4. Nineteen Minutes
5. Plain Truth
6. The Pact
7. Falling Leaves
8. Marley & Me
8. The Da Vinci Code
9. The Time Traveler's Wife.
10. The Joy Luck Club
11. Journey to the River Sea

That's about it I guess. I'm still on the lookout for books that give Jodi Picoult, Adeline Yen Mah and Dan Brown a run for their money. I like books with rich vocabulary (:


The only book that has ever made me cry was Marley and Me. I shall now go read it (: Screw A&P for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.