I realized that I have not been updating as much as here's a quickie.
Had the iCool / TPDE performance last Tuesday and it was extremely fun getting to perform onstage with HH2. It was my first public performance and I was pretty much nerve-wrecked. I vaguely recall seeing Janell and Zyndie, along with some of the juniors who were there.
I messed up the finale. I executed an extremely obvious mistake, and I hope the the videos that were taken did not show me doing that mistake. Overall it was pretty much a success (:
Then last Friday was the campus relay thingy at the Triangular Garden / Bedok Reservoir. Alex and I were the only HSS senior students running. Some of the juniors were there, including some HSS staff. We slogged our way to 13th position, which was a minor disappointment, because the top 12th groups get trophies. Oh well at least I got to bond a little with the juniors and talked to 2 new teachers whom I've never met.
I, along with some HSS people took part in a research study to find out whether several clips are effective in eliciting the desired emotions. They showed several clips that were familiar, for instance: CSI, Love Actually, Rush Hour 3, Bruce Almighty and one of the Saw sequels - of which was particularly disturbing.
They showed the scene where an innocent girl was tossed into a pit full of hypodermic needles and she has to swim her way through to find a key to open a door. It was pretty much distressing, because I could actually feel the needles poking me, as though I were the one screaming my lungs out instead of her. The clips of Disgust genre totally freaked me out and I covered my eyes during every clip.
Dance trgs have ceased, since the schedule isn't out yet, but I'm beginning to dread going for Modern practices. My techniques are rotten. I can't pirouette on my right leg and I can't chaine right. Haven't been practicing hip hop as well. I'd like to go for open classes, but can't exactly find the time to do them.
Went for my grandfather's birthday dinner at Novena and we had Brazilian food. Unless you're a carnivore, you shouldn't try Brazilian food, because they're pretty much heavy on meat. I tried banana fritters, but didn't fancy it. It was gooey and pretty sweet and a little oily. I also tried chicken's heart. Yes, I mean heart. The one that resides in your chest cavity going thump thump thump and pumping blood to your body. It was actually really tiny - half the size of a thumb drive - and you can see a hole where the aorta or vena cava right have actually been. So my sis and I were holding the heart up and scrutinizing it and attempting to figure out where the veins would have been.
Anyway, today was an extremely unproductive day in school. Went for A & P lecture at 9am, only to suddenly remember that Dr Lee sent a mass email to us, saying that lecture would be at 10am. So a few of us who turned up at 9am hung out outside the LT. Then at 10am when we entered the LT, it turned out that lecture was replaced by this talk on entrepreneurship. So lecture was cancelled. Lynette had Child Psych lecture. So Ash, Qianhui, Jesslyn and I decided to head to the library to study for A & P quiz, which backfired because we ended up talking about relationships, and how the term "boyfriend and girlfriend" has become so overrated. Apparently the three of them are extremely familiar with my taste in the opposite sex and predicted what kind of girlfriend I would be. It was pretty much hilarious, but I had a real great time talking to them.
Then we got an sms from Nette, saying that CG time was cancelled, which sucked, because it means that I came to school for no apparent reason.
A & P Quiz
Health Family tree
APIP research articles
I still have not completed my book: Porn for Serene. I've been caught up with school and dance ttvm. I've just finished condensing A & P assignment 2 from a whopping 4 pages t 2.5 pages. That's just 0.5 pages more than the set limit. Alas, its time for me to read A & P lecture slides for the quiz tomorrow. I feel like I've been slacking a lot and not studying and not being productive.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.