It seems that my outlandish goal to lose 5 kilgorams before my 20th birthday is becoming seemingly laughable now. Brisk walking is doing NOTHING so far and I hereby conclude that my sister's weighing scale is morally unsound. J says walking is only half the package. Nuitrition is another. Its funny when J told me that because when I first started walking, the weight came off easily. Maybe because I never exercised back then, but now its like I hit a plateau. Maybe my current weight is, my body's natural weight? Impossible. If my disordered eating phase last year made me lose so much weight (muscle mass, excuse me), then I'm sure if proper exercise, I can be at the same weight. BUT NOTHING'S WORKING. AAAARGH. I'm destined to be. A cow. Or a hippopotamus. Anything, but a skinny person.
Went back to O School for dance, both yesterday and Wednesday and it feels so good to be learning routines again, though I could still use some improvement. I decided to skip LA/Lyrical HH, but try my hand at Reggae. Reggae is. Insane, but Carol, the instructor is SICK. She's a tiny little thing but she owns the dancefloor. The isolations we did in class were so fast and intense, that my stomach hurts. But its a good pain, since it means I'm working muscles I hardly use. Plus, did butt exercises that I never knew I could pull off, but it was somewhat amusing performing the different butt exercises.
I admit I somewhat underestimated Reggae for a little bit, but coming to Carol's class has totally changed my perception on Reggae. It's just as hard hitting as any other genre and its insanely fun and really makes you move your body. As much as Reggae is fun, I think I might still preder Street Jazz. I'm still exploring, trying the different genres (except Contemporary for now), but at present, I'd say SJ would be a current favourite. I'd like to channel more energy into Contemporary now. Looking back at my disastrous journey in TPDE's jazz classes, I think I'm ready to take Contemporary a step further.
Dance tomorrow again! Before lessons stop for CNY celebrations. Then its MP to think about. And aargh. Uni applications. And bugger, losing that stupid 5kg before I turn 20. I've been obese my entire life. I'm going to change that. But its taking too long and not progressing!
I need results. Now.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.