Saturday, January 15, 2011

CSI: The Exhibition was rekindled my love for CSI, bringing back that familiar rush of adrenaline and joy whenever I tuned in to AXN to watch Dr. Gil Grissom and his intellectual one liners.

Had planned to meet J at Jurong East Station at 1pm, but J unwittingly made me wait for a half hour, leaving me stranded in the middle of the station, sporadically dotted with dodgy pervy-looking men which reminded me of the time I visited Bedok Food Centre with L with disgusting old men walking around like zombies and sitting at our table without our permission, leaving me utterly scandalized at the inherent lack of social manners and grace of the Singaporean men that work at and roam the food courts. I mean who the hell walks up to a table where two girls are happily eating, and suddenly come up and sit at our table as though he were part of the conversation? Gross pig.

Anyhow, J reached and we made our way to the Science Centre which also brought back memories of when we had excursions to the Centre in primary school. The exhibition was pretty much an interactive experience, though J said he found it a little boring after a while. I found it wicked fun, maybe because I'm more excited about CSI than J is.

We viewed a short video briefing conducted by Dr Gil Grissom (GRISSOM YOU ARE AWESOME) and we viewed 3 crime scenes and visually identified the evidence at the "crime scene" and had to draw em out on a sheet of paper given to us, with different columns and headings for various part of the forensic examination, such as "Entomology", "Firearms and Toolmarks", "Autopsy" and "Blood Splatter" segregated in different booths around the Annexe. Basically we were like CSI recruits and we analyze the evidence at the crime lab. So after we're done solving the crimes and determining the cause of death and who killed the victim, we were to submit our report to Grissom.

Overall it was cool, walking around the annexe and going to the different booths and working out DNA and looking at blood splatters and matching biologicals, but it was so EASY. Everything was really simple to work out and it was mentally stimulating for J and I. I suppose it'd be okay for small children, though I'd say it was an experience. Plus, it was a little crowded so it was annoying having to wait our turn at the booth. We were able to get some certificate of participation at the end of the exhibition, but we'd have to pay 8 bucks, so J and I decided against it and stalked on to get a CSI mug each. Was rather disappointed at the merchandise, for I was expecting notebooks and keychains and Horatio's sunglasses to be on sale. But NO. It was mostly science experiment toys for children. The only CSI stuff for sale were notepads, mousepads, wristbands, mugs and DVDs.

Pffft.

We were walking around for close to 3 hours and decided to grab a snack and catch up on talk. Unfortunately for J, by the time we left it was raining and we had to share my umbrella and all the way to the bus stop, I whined incessantly about my bag getting wet and my shoes getting soaked and the cars splashing water on me and my shorts getting wet. And all J had to say at the end of my sermon was "Guys do not care how your shoes look like, Serene."

Interesting.

I wish there a Criminal Minds exhibition. I'd be the first to purchase tickets.

And my books from opentrolly.com.sg arrived by mail today! HAHA and in pristine condition, may I add. Awesome possum.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.