Saturday, May 1, 2010

I was just reading through The Psychology of Criminal Conduct and its utterly dry and pretty tough to read. Intricate use of language and gets rather confusing after reading each sentence.

"Are criminals born or made? Discuss"

Clearly I need to understand some theories to back my claims. After flipping through the text it dawned on me that my language skills need some major facelifts. Maybe there's a writing course I can take to improve my essay & vocabulary skills.

Star Movies was showing the very first episode of the very first season of Glee and I'm definitely wanting to catch more of it. A must watch. Dad asked me to watch The Fourth Kind, but I haven't gotten round to it. Mila Jovovich from the Resident Evil franchise is in it,but it's a scary movie and I refuse to watch it at night, owing to my overactive imagination. When I was 12, Aliens Ressurection was showing on Channel 5; it was midnight and everyone but my mum was watching it and I foolishly joined her and after watching the alienoid swim in the water, I got so freaked out. I didn't want to sleep because I was afraid I'd wake up in the middle of the night and find one standing at my bedside waiting to rip me apart.So then I begged my mum to let me stay up with her but she refused because it was a school night. I don't really remember how I got past the night.

Oh and I was scared of lightning when I was little too. Once I was in the kitchen watching my mum bringing in the bamboo poles because it was going to rain and lightning struck and I screamed and ran out the kitchen and hid under the marble table and refused to come out. I only agreed to crawl out because my mum had said she'll ask the Rain Man to lower the volume of the thunder.

Memories. I miss my childhood. I think. I mean at least I didn't have any self esteem problems when I was little.

Okay so back to Glee. So I watched that episode and decided to practice my piano. I moved on to scales and its really a bit of a blur to me. Like when do you know if its time to switch fingers, and how do you know which finger you should switch to? I cannot really "read" the notes. I have to assign the alphabets to them before I can really play them. I mean I can, but it takes longer.

I can play Mary Had a Little Lamb, Row the Boat and Are You Sleeping on both hands. I tried playing I Had a Dream, by Abba but it sounds weird when I combine it with both hands. It sounds better on one hand. Cannot wait til I can master it, THEN I can play this:



This is just the most beautiful piece of score ever created in the history of movie entertainment. Hans Zimmer is just a bloody genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.