Monday, February 15, 2010


Jodi Picoult, you have absolutely no idea how much your masterpiece of a novel have kept me alive during this insane period of studying for Abnormal Psychology, practicing for GEMs and visits to relatives during the New Year period.

I engage in selective mutism when visiting relatives. They're all grown-ups and talk about things like politics, sucky school systems and whatnot. So I kept to myself by reading either Dan or Jodi.

Salem Falls is my absolute favourite novel out of all her work. Jack St Bride and Jordan McAfee are gorgeous, though if I had to choose, I'll pick Jordan, because there's something sexy and mysterious about him. He's so unconventional and witty. Whereas Jack is more laid back & corny. His sob stories about not wanting to wear jail clothes because he'll become something that he isn't made my blood boil because it's farcical.

Nevertheless, Jodi kept me alive during this trying period.

Visiting was all right. The same every year. The only nerve-wrecking visit I ever have to make is the one to my Dad cousins. There exists 2 very ancient beanpoles of old people whom only speak my Dad's dialect - Hainanese. And it's annoying because they specifically knew that my mum and my siblings speak not the language and here they are babbling away in Cybertronian.

I either feign ignorance or nod foolishly. That's my key to survival.

Back to assignments. Darn them. And exams. More later. I want to fly to Vancouver, the Most Livable City in the World.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.