Sunday, January 3, 2010

I was blissfully surfing the World Wide Web ( for school-related reasons) when my mother requested my assistance in helping her to put everything in the store room back in its usual place after she had finished cleaning it out, and also to discard the unwanted items, while she went out to meet her lunch date with her friends.

I acquiesced to her request, and abandoned my earpiece which was plugged in to the laptop, of which was playing the smooth vocals of Beyonce belting out the song Halo, and headed to the storeroom. The items that had once been hoarded up in the storeroom were neatly segregated into 2 large plastic bags, marked diligently with a paper, "Keep" and "Throw!!"

So I decided to arrange the items marked "Keep" back in the proper places first. Once that was done, I made my way to the items that were to be thrown out. The plastic bag contained books, ornaments and clothes; spare parts from our old vacuum cleaners, cracked CD covers of Kylie Minogue, Geroge Benson and Julio Iglesias, and stacks of old bills, dating back to 2001.

I reached into the bag and extracted the books and started sifting through them. Most belonged to my dad; books about marketing, economy and politics of which stirred not one bit of interest in me. Some were ancient cookbooks with many missing pages. Then I spotted a book, of which belonged to my mother.

I craked open the book and found myself in the middle of the 4th chapter, read the information in there and was mildly intrigued.

According to the book, Conception, Pregnancy and Birth, "some common side effects that you will experience thoughout this wonderful 9 month journey, as reported by many women, include nasal congestion, bloating, food cravings and/or aversion, increased feet size, heartburn or indigestion and increased flatulence"

Well according to this book, my whole family is pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.