Saturday, August 29, 2009

Of Men and Dancing





This gorgeous photo of Ryan Reynolds will fully explain why I am hopelessly and passively in love with Ryan Reynolds now. He is God and Sex trapped in a human form, waiting and clawing to be unleashed. Yet I am full of remorse to say that the heavens have unleashed said beautiful beast on another beautiful beast in the form of Scarlett Johanssen, whom he tied the knot with just last year. Dang. Nevertheless, I'm sure Dr Freud-whom-is-fathomlessly-obsessed-with-sex-based-entities would approve of my possibly healthy and sane thoughts.


And then we have Mr Ivan Sanchez who is a lovely Spanish model whom I headhunted into my list of Most Gorgeous Testosterone-Laden Creatures. I sourced him from the TV series - Hospital Central, a watered-down Spanish version of E.R and Grey's Anatomy. Watered-down, because the show lacks the goriness associated with medical trauma as so nicely featured in E.R and Grey's Anatomy. Still, Hospital Central actually features lesbians. It has a female doctor marrying a female nurse and the nurse gets herself impregnated by a male nurse, who so happens to be (gasps) played by my Ivan, after she begged him to be her sperm donor because she wanted kids with her...female husband.



I think the only reason I picked Paolo Seganti to be in my list is because he's tall, good looking and rugged. And I spotted him while watching an episode of The Nanny, playing an ostentatious( try saying that 5 times =) ) French tutor. The Nanny is my favourite American drama series EVER. But they stopped productions after the 6th season about 10 years back. I'd post a youtube video, but its been disabled watch it at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DanYd-EdV9c&feature=related ! God, I simply lurve French accents. What is it about French accents? They're so sexy. They just are. Along with British accents. Now, I like British accents because my grandfather's English and when I speak to him on the phone, I can only wonder why I'm not talking to a 20 year old guy instead of 75 year old English gentleman (:


Plus, he modelled for awed labels such as Calvin Klein, Lanvin and Gianfranco Ferre which means he's got himself a nice body. Okay I've never even heard of Gianfranco Ferre but who's checking? Plus, he speaks Italian - since he's from Italy - and English and French (: I don't know about any of you, but I personally like a man who plays around with his tongue. That's all I know about Paolo. The last I heard, he married a Chinese businesswoman and they have 4 beautiful half Italian half Chinese children. makes mental note to strike him off the list. need to update list soon.


Unmistakeably I also gently tossed Eric Banadinovich ( a.k.a Eric Bana) onto my list after I watched sweaty half naked men thrusting swords and sticks and stones at each other in Troy. Unfortunately he got his sensuous gym toned body speared with Achilles' sword - who is incidentally Valerie's secret husband - and who tied him on the back of his chariot and unceremoniously dragged him back to the base camp of the Greeks. Eric Bana apparently played the Nero in Star Trek, which I didn't watch since I'm not exactly into Start Trek, and also because I never knew his existence in that movie. And he also starred as King Henry in The Other Boelyn Girl. I didn't really like the movie. It wasn't dramatic and it lacked a certain flair to the plot. And the fact that he wore puffy hats and spiffy suits did nothing to show off his svelte body. And what's more he made out him Mrs Ryan Reynolds, a.k.a Scarlett Johanssen and Natalie Portman's characters simultaneously.


Eric Bana's also going to star in The Time Traveler's wife alongside romance witch Rachel McAdams which I am SO going to watch. I love the book. Did I mention I adore it so much, I actually bought the book yesterday? HUZZAH




Michael Vartan first caught my attention as I was aimlessly flipping channels of the cable box after I finished watching Resident Evil: Extinction, which by the way wasn't as good as the 1st movie, but still awesome nevertheless, and I happened to land squarely on AXN which was airing an old episode of Alias, featuring Jennifer Garner and Victor Garber( he, who played Thomas Andrews in Titanic, better known the architect of Titanic) . Basically Alias is about a bunch of spies working in a top agency called the SD-6, branched out from the CIA and they spend 5 seasons going and trying different cases.

Anyway, Michael is a French, of Armenian, Hungarain and Polish descent and speaks fluent French. PLUS, he's an avid dog lover and owns a chocolate Labrador called Millie (: Did I mention Monsieur Vartan has a stubble? God I love stubbles. They make a good looking man like Michael even more good looking. If there were a Mr Universe contest, I'd award him top honors without haste.

God, I love making lists. They're just so fun. Not only do you get to look at sensual & ravishing men of your choice, you get to think of what want in a man in the future. I wonder if psychiatrists recommend this as a cure to depression. Raising endorphin levels in depression-laden people by having them see something they actually get happy about? Gee I'm sure Freud would approve of my magical theory.


Well back to reality and speaking of lists, I've got some words here that I would like to share with you:

Fatigue. Exhaustion. Enervation. Lethargy. Brain fag ( I can finally use this word which I learnt during Cross Cultural tutorial )

Basically these whole list of words serve to indicate my state excessive languor after being practically the whole day yesterday.

Okay so maybe not entirely. I was out from 12pm to around 8-ish, just in time to watch Michael Jackson's World Tour on Channel 5. God I simply LOVE Billie Jean. Best song ever. Alongside Thriller, In the Closet, Bad and You Rock My World.

Speaking of Michael Jackson, Gin held a M.J Tribute Workshop on Thursday and I signed up for it. We choreo-ed to 2 songs of M.J and I zonked out by the end of the 2 hour workshop. I was pretty sure I was the only one who was relatively new to Hip Hop there, because the other dancers in the studio got the steps right, even though they were way at the back and couldn't see Gin.

I was at the front during the first half and managed to execute the steps right. But for the second song, the stack got shuffled & I unwittingly found myself behind and could see neither myself in the mirror nor Gin. So I struggled to catch the steps and in the end, I failed to fully perform the second half, which was choreo-ed to In the Closet.

Sadness. Remorse. Disappointment.

Oh well. Hey at least I tried =) PLUS its not everyday that beginners at Hip Hop manage to follow a class with experienced Hip Hoppers and groove to M.J. So Kudos to me (:


I went to HMV today at City Hall and picked up a Bollywood Dance Workout DVD. I am fully intending to start that, as soon as the mother is out of the house and when I am safely ensconced in my room with the portable DVD player. Bollywood dance apparently features three different genres:

1. Traditional Bollywood - with women dressed in sexy sarees and men in the traditional Indian garb
2. Bhangra - with a lot of hopping and typically played in clubs & usually danced by men in turbans
3. MTV Bollywood - traditional bollywood with a spicy twist of hip hop and salsa.

There is a Bollywood class starting next Wednesday and I was desperate to go. But. It starts at 7.30pm and its at the YMCA. And Wendesdays are days when I have Modern Dance and I end at 6.30pm. There is no way I can make it in time. Because we always end late.

Hence, the Bollywood DVD (:

Plus, I went for Hip Hop 1 class at O School today. We did bounces, which I already did during Hip Hop training in TPDE. Still. We worked up a good sweat, and Allegra - the teacher - was pretty good and friendly. I bet if I dance a lot, I can lose a lot of unhealthy substance residing in my body called fat. I pretty much got over my EDNOS. My doctor says that typically people who suffer from EDNOS revert back to their usual weight before they started the cycle. He was right. I'm back to where I started. Which is pretty much depressing because whenever I wear my clothes, I feel constricted. Like a claustrophobic clawing to get out before succumbing to asphyxia.

Nevertheless, I intend to start afresh in a healthy way and work out the proper way and transform said fat into useful entities called muscle. I need to lose weight.

I need to practice my pirouettes more. I still get dizzy even after spotting, though it might be due to the fact that I an unable to keep my balance whenever after turning. Need to ask Shir Lyn.

Hence, I need to first practice spotting.

I need to start my Bollywood DVD.

I need to get dance pants.

I need to get new books ( recommendations, anyone?)

I need to get new shoes for my new yellow and pink shoelaces which I am so in love with.

I need to ask Keisha when we're going for Hip Hop open classes next week.

I want to dance (:











Mr Mayor would make a nice funny ol' toothless grandfather (:

I also fully intend to go back to watching my childhood cartoons. For instance, The Powerpuff Girls, Scooby Doo, Courage - The Cowardly Dog, Johnny Bravo, Dexter's Laboratory and Kids Next Door. I used to watch the classic versions of The Wizard of Oz, with Judy Garland and Little Women, with Elizabeth Taylor when I was younger was so in love with. I remember carrying the hard-covered version of Little Women for Children whenever I went to, even put it under my pillow at night because I was afraid someone would take it away.
Those were the days. Young, naive and carefree with nothing to worry about.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.