I fully intend to head down to the cinema without haste when The Time Traveler's Wife hits the big screens in little ol' Singapore. I've been waiting for the release of this movie for about a year. The actual release of the movie was actually scheduled in 2008, but Eric Bana had to shoot Star Trek after filming of The Time Traveler's Wife and shaved his head. Then the director had to wait a year for Eric Bana's hair to grow back so post production shoots could actually commence.
STILL. I hope its worth waiting for because I absolutely loved the book, and I hope the movie lives up to the book's reputation.
I'm so glad Rachel McAdams was picked to play Clare because she's so beautiful and really talented. She's the icon of romantic movies. ( think, The Notebook). I think she's one of the most gorgeous actresses in Hollywood. Alongside other actresses like Angelina Jolie, Halle Berry, Eva Longoria, Frieda Pinto, Aishwarya Rai, Nicole Kidman, Catherine Zeta Jones and Selma Hayek.
Sometimes I secretly want to BE Selma Hayek. She's stunning with long luscious curly locks and body curves in all the right places.
So we all agree Rachel M.A is gorgeous. She's like a mature prom queen. And I think she looks better as a brunette.
And when I saw that Eric Bana was going to be Henry DeTamble on IMDb.com, my jaw literally dropped. I mean, Hunky Hector to vulnerable Henry DeTamble? I was shocked, but all the same totally psyched.
Eric Bana looks so so SO divine. I mean he looks good with a stubble. I mean let's face it. People who know me well by now should be well aware of the fact that I have a thing for hunky men with stubbles. But I'm talking about any stubbles. There are 2 kinds of stubbles in this world. The neat and deliberate one where its shaved to perfection and calls "Dude, could you shave this area just a little more?" And then there's the messy one that innocently calls " I haven't shaved in 3 days so deal with it." Now I like THAT kind of stubble. I mean its like sexy, but in a messy and exotic way which I totally go for. Then imagine bringing your lips close to his. Feel his coarse skin rubbed against yours and the tension and friction it invites. Pure bliss.
Then again, it cannot be TOO overdone. I mean I don't want to be kissing a 2000 year old caveman with a long raggy tangled beard with bits of raw eggs and bacon in between his beard, thank you very much.
So yes, Eric Bana has a stubble in this movie. And his voice. Deep and husky, just the way I like it. Men like that are simply...irrestible and so testosterone-laden with the good qualities. All the male actors that I think are divine are like in their 30s - to name a few - :
(1) Eric Bana
(2) Johnny Depp
(3) Christian Bale
(4) Viggo Mortensen
(5) Michael Vartan
(6) Will Smith
(7) Ivan Sanchez
I wonder if this is a genetic mutation. Though I'll laugh my pants off before I can declare my Dad testosterone-laden with a stubble and deep voice. Yeah my dear old Pop is short, for a man. His own wife is taller than hi,m, for crying out loud. And sometimes he doesn't even shut the bathroom door when he goes to the toilet and I'm cringing in disgust. He hogs the toilet sometimes in the morning, and he steals The Straits Times from me when I'm reading it over my cereal.
How come men can be so gross sometimes?
Yes I know. There is no such thing as a perfect man. And even if there is, I probably wouldn't want him, because too much something isn't all strawberries and sunshine (:
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.