Friday, June 26, 2009

The storm has subsided. At least for now, with Rmb report submitted. I spent the last week of the term break working on a hypothesis that I thought would be good, until I realized that I couldn't directly match the Results to my hypothesis and had to re-do my Report last night.

It's funny seeing our course mates frantically discussing the Report yesterday, all smsing and IMing each other to find this out and that out. It counts for a pretty big portion too. I think its a little too much, considering the fact that it's out first ever time working solo compiling a Report on our own like this. I felt that it should be like maybe 10%, so it'll help us get a rough idea of how to do a Report in the future.

Oh and we have a new Rmb lecture called Dr/Mr. Tan. He looks pretty friendly and connects with the students. I think its because he hasn't been subsumed by the hectic and boring regime of teaching life, where you eventually morph into a lifeless soul. It's just a theory.

As a result, I had to miss my 1st ever Transnational (TNS) lecture. I think Miss Street was a little disappointed that I wasn't there. I mean considering it IS the first lecture and I don't want to leave a bad impression on her since she's my my tutor, and to the other HSS lecturers there, like Mr Jerome. Somehow they all know me by my first name.

I think I need to stop developing close rapports with teachers. I don't want them to create expectations of me and then come crashing down when I don't meet them. Especially when it comes to issues like results.

We all received results for HRM and Social Psych, and I was a tad disappointed by my results. Okay. It's more than a tad. My tears kept welling up after I got the results, cried a fair bit when I got home and stuffed myself silly sue to the hormonal imbalances and current stressors like work deadlines and other silly stuff.

I seriously need to let loose.

I am currently seeking peace and tranquility in life, sourcing the balance to regain a sense of serenity. I am seeking the Serene that has been lost from Serene. So much has been going on within my life right now, all the ups and downs that come so unexpectedly and confusing the hell out of me. I need answers .

I think I'm going through a mid-life crisis.

That's kinda cool though (:

Anyways, plans to move into Temasek Green hostel for TNS has been postponed due to the H1N1 scare, which is probably a good thing, since I haven't packed yet =/ Tutorial from 9am to 5pm tomorrow though. I wonder if I can even live through it. I mean 9 to 5. It's so...office clerk-ish.

Haven't been practicing my dance for a while, due to the fact that the dance studio is not available for lessons and mad rush of homework and assignment =/ I'm going to miss 4 lessons of Belly Dance because of TNS. Bugger.

I have decided to crack open the book that has been left sitting on my shelf for the past, 3 years maybe: The Lord of the Rings. It's real thick because it has all three trilogies packed into one but I have decided to embrace the persona of a religious Lord of the Rings fan and embark on my journey to trek through Middle Earth.

Where's my Aragorn to shield me from Orcs?
Where's my Gandalf to play my compass?
Where's my Legolas to tell me stories that bring my peace?
Where's my Gimli to bring me a laugh or two?
Where's my Sam to be my sounding board?
Where's my Frodo to tell tales of Hobbiton?
Where's Merry and Pippin to me my source of comfort and entertainment?

I shall have a big party with ice cream and dark chocolate and Boromir is not invited.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.