Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Serene shall try NOT to obsess about her current worries of her body image and get on with her life.

Went to Janell's blog and saw the trailer for My Sister's Keeper and I was super shocked by the actor playing Brian Fitzgerald. It's fun to actually read a book first, then try and figure out what kind of person will play a specific character when you learn it's going to be made into a movie.

Here's what I pictured Brian Fitzgerald to be:

(a) Tall
(b) A little overweight
(c) Early stages of balding
(d) Pushing 50 years old
(e) Hss a moustache

Here's what I pictured Sara Fitzgerald to be:

(a) Tall
(b) Red-headed
(c) Slim

Here's what I pictured Anna Fitzgerald to be:

(a) Brunette
(b) Lots of freckles
(c) Soft and introverted
(d) Shoulder length hair

Here's what I pictured Kate Fitzgerald to be:

(a) Blonde
(b) Cropped hair
(c) Fair
(d) Skinny

Here's what I pictured Jesse Fitzgerald to be:

(a) Tall
(b) Punky
(c) Brown-haired
(d) Goth / punk dress sense

Here's what I pictured Campell Alexander to be:

(a) Tall
(b) Muscular and fit
(c) Always wearing suits
(d) Brown-haired

Here's what I pictured Julia to be:

(a) Tall
(b) Red-head with short hair

I was a little taken aback when I found out last year that Cameron Diaz was going to play the depressed mother, because she doesn't exactly have the wholesome look of the character. She has the bubbly and spontaneous look but throughout the trailer I can see that she indulges into the sorrow and worry elicited by Sarah so I think she'll be great.

And Brian Fitzgerald gave me such a HUGE shock. Seriously I never expected a tall and muscular rugged good looking hunk to play Brian! I always pictured firefighters to have handlebar moustaches and a little fat and a little balding, but aloha Mr Gorgeous. The best part about this guy: HE HAS A STUBBLE

And I was also disappointed by having Abigail Breslin play Anna. Anna's more of a quiet person who enegages in a little conformity, but this one seems to be Miss Anti-Conformity and very outgoing and loud. So not Anna Fitzgerald. Plus, she sounds like Miley Cyrus. So NOT Anna Fitzgerald.

Kate Fitzgerald. I dunno. I expected a taller girl with cropped hair. But she looked really pretty in the part she comes down the stairs in her wig and getting ready to go on her date with the guy from the hospital.

Jesse Fitzgerald. He looks young and...fresh-faced. Wasn't Jesse the black sheep in the family? The rebel? I'm sorry but baby face and punk don't go together. It's like how Serene and Boys Over Flowers don't do. Sorry Janelll, but the Korean men aren't my type. Too. Fresh and squeaky clean (:

But I guess I shall make my final verdict til AFTER I see the show. I think this is one movie which I have to watch with Janell. We'll both appreciate and cut through the jargon of the movie and comprehend the deep underlying meaning of the movie and spot any tinny little alterations they've made from the book. CANNOT WAIT.

Salem Falls should be made into a movie. I'd like to see Brad Pitt as Jack St Bride, an Selma Blair as Addie Peabody. Gillian Duncan......hmmmm...someone slutty like Miley Cyrus? I don't know who's suitable to play Jordan McAfee. I think Jordan is kina hot, I mean the way Picoult drafts him. Makes him sound sexy. No doubt that Tyra Banks should play Selena.

Mum just reminded me that June 4th is coming up and asked what I would like. So I was like maybe we could see The Pussycat Dolls perform that day. She was hyped up about it and went "OH YEAH I WANT TO SEE THEM TOO! What's that song they sing - pushing up my buttons baby, uhhuh. I'm your sexy mama"

Erm, yeap that's the one mama.

Well I totally would want Jodi Picoult's new book which I haven't gotten yet and definetly want to read it. I can't remember what's it called, but super fans of Picoult would know what it is. Ooh and I also told her Belly Dance lessons on DVDs would be cool so I could practice at home during my free time.

Oh well.

Was listening to my mp3 and came across this old song. It's called Arwen's Song, from LOTR: The Return of the King. It's only in the extended version - the part where Aragorn is healing Eowyn after she got hit by the nasty old Witch King. Then after that she meets Faramir and falls in love with him.

How come love comes so easily for folks in the Middle Age?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.