Today, I have:
1. Finished (or rather, finally), watching one of the most sweetest animation movies to have ever been created - Up! I cried when Ellie died after she and Mr Frederickson lived such a long and fulfilling life together. I think the best part of the entire movie is actually creating a character that is an elderly old man.
2. Created a calender (using the back of an old Physics/Chemistry test paper dating back to March 2007) to countdown the days til the 1st of August. Lke dear old Mr Potter, I cannot wait for school to start. The dregs of 6 months of boredom are catching up. Or rather, it's startig to sink it. Depression might be setting in. I've lost the motivatio to go for dance classes right now. Or rather, this week, I didn't feel like going. Somehow, things are beginning to seem very routine.
I think the mother might have been a tad concerned, because I was sprawled on the floor readig a book and she started off by asking what I'd be doing tomorrow. And I gave a her a very unenthusiastic reply, about how I'd be headig to town with J. The rest of the conversatio might have been as follows:
M: "You're starting school soon, aren't you?"
S: "Hmmm"
M: "Fast, isn't it?"
S: "Hmmm"
M: "We'll go to Junction 8 later for dinner all right? (which I suspect she initiated out of guilt only because we were supposed to go to Universal Studios in the afternoon, but didn't in the end)
S: "Hmmm"
M: "Do you need to buy clothes?"
S: "Not really."
M: "Shoes?"
S: "No"
M: "Then what do you want? More books?"
S: "No" (though I secretly did want it, but you don't argue with a woman who keeps telling you that you can get it out the library for nothing.)
(silent pause )
M: "Don't you have dance anymore?"
S: "I do."
M: "But you didn't go this week? How come?"
S: "Dunno."
M: Didn't feel like it?"
S: "Yeah"
I can see how very intellectually stimulating our conversation actually can be. So in the end, she left after another depressing morbid silence. I swear to God, even if I'm not officially diagnosed, I definetly have depression. I mean, seriously, I'm losing enthusiams for living. Boredom-induced depression, of which I am a classic example. Sure I prefer the comforts of stability, but after a while, it gets boring. Think of it as exercise. A certain type of exercise will be beneficial for one's body, because it works the different muscle groups and elicits change in the body, but after a while, the body starts to adapt to the intensity of the exercise and won't reap the benefits anymore because, so a new exercise regimen is implemented. I'm pretty positive that the principle is the same for life. Or at least. My life.
One more month til my life finally gets interesting. Please please PLEASE come sooner!
3. Bought a new book! I know. I didn't even think my mother would let me buy a new book, considering how much I detest her lecture on the unnecessary extravagence I bring to my dad's income on my need for books. It turns out my brother has $50 worth of vouchers from Popular Bookstore which would be expiring in a couple of days, so she wants to use it before they are deemed invalid. She went "Go and pick a book. I'm picking one too."
I had seriously wanted to turn around and look for whichever alien had abducted my mother's brain, because that was the only logical conclusion I could come up with for her sudden benevolence. But I just sprinted to the beloved bookshelves and pondered on whether to get Eat, Pray, Love. Then my mother noticed another book called The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake, by Aimee Bender. She picked it up because she saw Jodi Picoult's name on it and thought Jodi had written a new book. But it turned out to be a comment made by Jodi that the publishers decided to print on the cover of the book.
Its nice to know that my mother knows that Jodi Picoult is one of my favourite authors. I simply ignore it when she pronounces it "piglet", instead of "picoult".
Somehow, the odd little quirks in life do little to stem the drudgery of my monotonous life, but I might say it comes as a nice little treat.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.