Life As We Know It is an awesome fun movie to watch. Katherine Heigl does some really sweet chick flicks. I love chick flicks. They perk me up and make me smile on the inside. Then I watched the second hanlf of Titanic after dinner, which might have been a mistake, or not. Because it made me so sad, watching Jack and Rose get torn apart from some mad shipwreck disaster. I was doing pretty well throughout the movie. My heart cracked during the scene when of the the ship's captain had one of the lifeboats row back to search for survivors in the water, and the flaslight shone on a dead mother clutching a frozen baby. Oh and when the water came rushing in like mad and people were screaming and running for their lives and trying to get onto the lifeboats, but the snotty rich airheads refused to let them on board.
Then came the scene when Rose finally saw the lifeboat and she turns over to Jack and she tries calling his name, but fails to respons. Then the realization hits her with this unbearably terrible force, and then er voice cracks with despair as she realizes he is dead. Then the music starts playing and that's when I started bawling my eyes out, because Jack was loving and kind and he died a horrible death. And then Rose lets him go and watches him sink into the eerie blackness.
I think that watching Titanic has only served to reinforce my fear of the vast ocean. I have this intense fear of drowning. I read that the worst way to die is to feel the rushing water fill your screaming lungs, because its supposed to be really painful. Not that I want to ever experience that, ever.
Anyhow, I went down at around 1am to keep Mr Winkles company because I haven't been with him for a while. I felt bad walking past him all the time and not stopping to pat his furry head, so I decided to pay him beddy-bye visit before I turned it. Its sort of cute to have a cat curl up at your feet and purring away, that's all I have to say. I panicked a little when he started following me, and tried to follow me into the life, sticking to me like a Siamese twin whenever I'd walk in, then sprint back out and back into the lift, but he'd always be at my feet. Finally, I shooed him away. I mean. Literally. I said "Shoo!" and flapped my hands at him, and he must have gotten the hint and slowly pounced out and watched me as the elevator doors closed shut.
Okay.
Oh. And I finally figured out why I always have these feelings of.....jealousy, or whatever, when the 2 of them hang out. Its because I have fears of abandonment.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.