Thursday, March 10, 2011

It's official. Glee is now my new official TV series. I'm completely IN LOVE with the show. I finished watching the entire 1st season in 3 days and just finished watching the latest episode of Season 2 and its just the BEST ever.

Its strange how popularity is so highly regarded among American teenagers when it was never a problem for me in secondary school. I was the uncool one then, even though my best friend was one of the prettiest girls in school. Regardless, its just sad to see how American teens prioritize being the coolest student in school and displacing other needs.

Its amazing how Glee makes me cry when the Glee members sing the covers because I really can relate to some of the songs that they sing, and what they;re going through, such as Rachel and her 1 day bulimia and desire to be thinner, as well as her desire to be the best and afraid of competition because she's afraid that she would be thrown out the spotlight and all her efforts will be for nothing. Being in the spotlight and known for her talents make her feel good about herself and to have that contested threatens her esteem, and I fully understand that.

Some of their covers are really good. My favs - from the top of my head - are Taking Chances, Bootylicious, Single Ladies and Happy Days are Here. Plus, all the different guest celebrity appearances. Like I never figured Gwyneth Paltrow for singing and teaching Spanish, other than being Pepper Potts in Iron Man, or John Stamos as a singing dentist seeing as how I'm used to seeing him saving lives in E.R.

Had piano assessment today at Northwood and it was. Awkward. It turns out I'm sort of an advanced beginner, but if I do take lessons with Northwood, I'd be considered a beginner, seeing as how I can't read notes past G on the piano pieces. Am still considering if I want to take up lessons with Northwood. Its at YCK, and I sort of prefer having a piano teacher come over.

Dance wise, I sucked at Fredy's HH today. I don't know what else I need to do to improve. Feeling a little, frustrated at my continual attendance of open classes, but I feel that I need to train farther if I want to improve. Open classes help me in catching steps faster, but in terms of technique and stage presence and that other dance juice I need, I still need that. Damn it. Perseverance baby.

Maybe that's why I like Glee. It distracts me from the fact that there is nothing I feel proud of, and I thought dance would be my lucky charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.