Aunt C just unearthed a photo of Grandma and Granddad (from the mother's side). According to her, it might have been either their engagement/wedding photo. Granddad looks so sombre. Its interesting to look at him in this photo because I've never seen him ever before. I wrote to him a few times when I was 16 and didn't receive any reply. I must have sent him like 5 or 6 letters consecutively and was bent on just giving up when he suddenly called me out of the blue and I'm like "NO WAY" Because it was so surreal to hear a Caucasian voice - belonging to my granddad - speak to me. Saying something about how he got my letters but didn't have the courage to reply because he didn't know what to say made me sort of..sad. I think. I dunno. We used to email each other every few times, and he'd call once a month or something like that. But that stopped all of a sudden. Now he just texts happy birthday once a year.
The mother just called. She's swooning over how good looking the professional American male cyclists look in their gear and towering bikes. Dammit. I want to be there too. Even my mother knows how to appreciate good white meat.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.