Saturday, March 5, 2011


Girls Night Out with L, J and Qianny today. Missed hanging out with them so much. It's incredible to think that almost 3 years ago, we were sitting next to each other in the same classrooms and shyly acknowledging each other and now we're shrieking at each other like banshees without a care in the world and texting each other in the middle of the night and talking about the most random things on Earth.

Novena is an interesting place. So many expats hanging around and I was busting with glee and Qianny almost slapped my face at how much I squealing over them. Was trying out various types of foods I've never tried before. Dinner at some Japanese-style pasta place and I had some pasta with salmon and salmon roe. Qianny informed me that salmon roe was salmon eggs and I almost changed my order, but deiced to go with it, considering how I've never had fish zygote before. But it tasted iffy to me. When I bit into it, it burst in my mouth and sprayed this warm thick, slightly salty liquid into my mouth. I swallowed the rest whole after that. Plus, I stole some of J's oysters and it tasted so metallic I almost gagged. It tasted almost like liquefied liver.

Qianny and I bought rambutan-flavored YAMI YOGURT after that and it was just incredibly fantastic. Both of use were squabbling and dithering over whether we should use a loyalty card of mine that had already expired.

Dessert @ Udders' after that. I decided to sample all the flavors they had. I felt like some slothy glutton, but hey, its ice cream and I needed to see what tasted nice before ordering right? I almost gagged at the coffee flavored one because it was incredibly concentrated for my taste. Was dithering about when to order a waffle because I had no idea if I'd feel guilty, but guilt be damned today & simply ordered a waffle with a scoop of Mango Sorbet and Bitter Orange Chocolate, of which is alcoholic, but whatever.

So the 4 of us sat with our creams and just had an awesome time chatting with each other. It's amazing how being with and talking to close girl friends make me feel so light headed and happy. Maybe it was the alcohol in the ice cream, but still, it feels like I'm on another planet when hanging with a small group of close friends.

I wore my nude heels today because I wanted to get them stretched so that in the future it'd be more comfortable. I swear, these are the highest pair of shoes I've ever owned. Even my previous pair of green heels weren't that high. My current ones make me taller than Qianny, who stands at 1.66m. And I'm 1.6m, and based on my guesstimation, that makes me heels about 4 to 5 inches. Was incredibly surprised that the mother didn't berate me over it.

Got home at around 10pm but was feeling somewhat guilty over the fact that I had some a big dessert. Was thinking of working out for about 10 minutes or so, even though I had already done so before the Night Out. But I just felt. Incredibly fat. Fatigue be damned. So I just went on the machine for about 15 minutes to make myself feel better. I wonder if this means there's some psychological disturbance I'm experiencing. Over-exercising, or whatever you call it. But I have a legit excuse. I'm obese and need to lose like 10kg. So suck it up, Serene. Suck it up.

Started watching Glee and it's just incredibly fantastic. How come I didn't start watching this earlier? Now Ksh and I have new things to talk about.

I want to be thinner!
AAARGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.