Tuesday, February 22, 2011

And so it ends. After months of hagglingg and preparation, tears and tantrums and unexpected twists and turns, "we" have finally submitted our report. A lead-up of 10,000 words from 4 months worth of hard work. And being holed up in my room on Saturday and Sunday and leaving only for bathroom breaks, meals and to attend to Bobby, I'll be damned if I ever get a 9-5 desk job. Plus, the knowledege that we were barely receiving any help from others (if you know what I mean) almost sent me in a frenzied panic attack.

Thankfully SY was there to calm my near fractured nerves. I was just about to have a coronary, feeling a sense of adrenaline upon finishing one portion of the report, only to be hit by the realization that there are other portions to be done. Okay, we stayed up til nearly 2am to do this, instant messaging and calling and laughing and complaining. It HURTS to stay up til so late and staring at nothing but the laptop screen til your eyes bleed dry from morning til the next morning and having nothing to eat in the house, but porridge and fish. I didn't even EAT chocolate because I was so worked up.

So don't be telling me that we're getting anything less than an A for this report, because I sacrificed feel-good endorphins-releasing CHOCOLATE, okay.

All I can say is, if I were to experience this in college, I'd throw myself onto the train tracks, like Leonardo DiCaprio and Marion Cottilard's characaters in Inception and then I'll wake up, thankful that it was all just a dream and rejoice. Well, except Marion didn't because she's on crack and who'd want to live in a big-ass place with NO ONE to talk to, but yourself and your husband? You can't even repopulate the place, because your kids can't commit incest.

But you know what I mean.
But so yeah, if you want to get technical about it, SY and I finished the report. Thank God she was there because I would throw myself into the sea before you can say "Deadline". One report in 2 days is too much for anyone to handle.

So we went off for Pepper Lunch at Plaza Sing to celebrate our 2 day stunt yesterday, followed by Black Swan and yoghurt. Black Swan's awesome. I think it portrays the real side of human suffering and pain, as opposed to fairy tales where the only conundrum is whether the cute guy will ask you to the prom, or whether he even likes you to begin with, or what outfit will attract his attention, or getting attacked by lame vampires and choosing between a vampire and a werewolf (like hello why would I want mutant babies?! Half human half werewolf? What is this, Remus Lupin on crack? Or half human half vampire, ala Kate Beckinsale and Scott Speedman in Underworld - not that that would be a disappointment, because they're both sexy - but whatever)

So bitches? Please.

Anyway, Black Swan - for me - is about wanting and working toward your dream so much that you eventually lose yourself. Honestly Natalie Portman DESERVES this Oscar. Darren Aronofsky did an amazing job with this film.

Thank God I watched this with SY instead of my family, what with all the sexual scenes and all. I'll be so embarrasssed! Just last night, I was watching Speed again and my dad came in to watch the ending. That was when Keanu and Sandra were cuffed to the train's pole and the train goes crashing through the construction site and they made it out alive into the street so Keanu goes something like:

"I should warn you. I heard from someone that relationships based on intense experiences hardly work out."

Then Sandra goes:
"We'll have to base it on sex then."

Then I sucked in my breath and shot a gaze at my dad, who didn't even flinch. Who knows what he's thinking. Still, its highly embarrassing to talk about sex, let alone watch a movie with sexual references with your parents.


A few years ago, my brother asked my mum where we came from, and my mum just shoved him off to my dad, so my dad brought him to the study room and all I heard was "Okay, Bryan, people come from these two cells, called the egg and ths sperm". Then I was out of there.

I did not wish to hear my dad talk of anything about a penis or testicles, or ovaries or menstruation. Because I might just wet myself laughing. I mean, he can't even pronounce menstruation right! He pronounces it "menes-sure-ra-tion" Or maybe I should have listened, then I would know what not to say to my own child when he/she asks where babies come from.


Less than 2 weeks til ultimate boredom, I mean, freedom. I so can wait. I mean, cannot wait.
^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.