Allegra's class was different today. Instead of the traditional MTV-esque street jazz, she did a contemporary piece to Pink's "Fuckin Perfect"
And I was somewhat nervous because:
1. Some of my TPDE alumni are there and they are good. Like seriously good. And here I am competing with them, but whatever.
2. I've never done a full contemporary routine before in my life.
But I just went with the flow and I think overall I did pretty all right, though I messed up the timing toward the end of the routine. I realized that when M is there, I do badly, but when NC is there, I do all right. I think its the difference in the persona that they radiate. I expect that it's the pressure to want to do well in front of them both and for the instructor, as well as for the others to see.
I happened to chance upon one of the videos for one of the classes that I took, and i fucking SUCKED. It was a HH class, but the SJ one was a little better and its so depressing actually. But then again, I love SJ more than HH actually, but its not an excuse. A dancer has to be versatile and all rounded and be able to do as many different genres as she/he possibly can.
My right knee is covered with red marks from the routine's floorwork. But I don't care. It proves that I did the floorwork right and actually got onto the floor and did the routine properly. HUZZAH.
My mum just bought a huge ass bottle of Nutella. And oh my god, its the feedback E gave for Interim Report 2. WHY ARE THERE SO MANY RED BOXES?! Pffft.
I can't wait for August. Or more specifically April or May, because that's when I find out if NUS/NTU accepts me. I'm hoping to enter NUS because, well, its NUS and the Psych program is better than NTU. Plus, they have a Spanish extra-curricular programme that is pretty interesting. I've yet to submit my supporting documents though. Imma go grab envelopes tomorrow and send it off tomorrow.
I need a desktop calender. Why is there NO Criminal Minds Calender, someone please explain to me, being sold here in Singapore? And we're supposed to be a globalized nation. Pffft. I mean hello, how am I going mark important dates like assignment deadlines and dates and when my period comes and ends?!
I'm going to Borders on Monday. So much for going out tomorrow. The unintelligent sister said she'd bring Bobby down in the morning at 7am, seeing as how I dragged my ass out of bed at 7am to bring him down. But it seems she's gone to the enemy camp. So much for being mature. And the whole dinner affair at Auntie S' house, which, I have no idea whether is happening or not, because my mum has the car and won't be back til Monday, so how are we going to get to her house?
Movies that I Want to Watch:
1. Black Swan.
2. Pirates of the Caribbean 4
3. Transformers 3
4. Due Date
5. Sherlock Holmes 2 (Dr. Watson - Jude Law - is so charming. Hot with a British accent!)
The last movie that I watched at the cinema was The Princess & The Frog. Last December. Not that I'm complaining. I'm just stating a fact. There should be a CSI movie. Or another sequel to Sex and the City. I mean, its no surprise that Twilight got nominated for Razzie Awards, like hello, I fell asleep on the plane watching it. Tacky dialogue and poor development of the story. Not cool. But Sex & The City 2 got nominated for Razzie Awards? Its the best chick show since Mean Girls! And there's a Mean Girls 2 coming out sometime, probably not in Singapore, but in the States, but I have a feeling its going to....just fizzle. No Lindsay and Queen Bee Regina George? She MADE that movie.
Some sequels are just crap, and the producers should have just kept it at the first film and leave it to make monumental fame and success and history. For instance. Iron Man, Madagascar, Bring It On, Shrek (except for Shrek 2, but that was THE BEST), the Disney classics like Mulan and The Little Mermaid.
Others had awesome sequels, such as The Matrix, with The Matrix Reloaded and the Matrix Revolution, the Lord of the Rings trilogy, Pirates of the Caribbean sequels, some Harry Potter movies, Resident Evil, Aliens (the first 4) & Rush Hour.
Oh well.
Ooh just got a text from the mother. She has bought my ever favourite cake, New York Cheesecake. HUZZAH.
Oh crud, back to Interim Report 2.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.