Sunday, September 6, 2009

Today left for London today. Her week long visit has finally ended. The whole family went to see her off at the airport, and Mum had an escort to see her directly to her boarding gate in case she gets confused by all the different gate numbers.

I cried when she left. The thought that this might be the last possible time I see my dear old Grandma ever is rather traumatising for me. By the time we're ready to fork out enough money to pay for her trip, she might be too old to travel, or she might probably have passed on. Just that thought makes me even feel much worseSomehow its not fair, because people can see their grandparents on a regular basis, but I see mine only once every 3 to 4 years. This is the Grandma that sends an annual box of English goodies, of magazines and clothes to us. I have nightgowns sent from her, as well an Elvis Presley calender and fun-filled memories. This is the Grandma who used to tuck me into bed when I was a young girl and play guessing games of how Granddad looks like ( I claimed that he had a handlebar moustache).


Mum says if we can afford it, we can travel to London and vists Grandma, and Auntie Christine as well. I really hope that's possibly. I feel as though I didn't spend enough time with Grandma this week. If she passes away before either party can visit the other, I probably will feel distraught and regretful.

Grandma always buys tofu and makes it for us. I love her cooking. And I finally found out where I got my liking for certain types of male. Grandma has a thing for men in uniform ( like me), men with the European big noses ( like me), and likes men who can speak in fluent and perfect English ( like me). Grandma noticed that I inherited her bushy hair ( and by the way, she still had a full head of hair) and her love for animals, though she favors octopuses.

We gave her a manicure and a facial as well (: She went shopping around Ion Orchard, Compass Point, Hougang Point and Ang Mo Kio Hub, and bought her essential stuffs home, as well as tofu and other items not available in London - like mothballs and curry puffs.

Maybe God will grant my Grandma with a continuance and my dad a lottery win and we can fly down to London and visit her.

Comm-Based auditions tomorrow. I washed with anxiety.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.