Tuesday, September 29, 2009




Had Hip Hop 2 trg today at 9am. Managed to clean up Farhan's choreo and after lunch, we cleaned up Lavone's choreo and I think we improved. Room for more of cours - as a group - such as synchronization, strength and sharpness etc. But I think individually, we each improved in certain areas that we were lacking. Like being more familiar with how some steps should be.


From the cleaning up session, I realized that I always break my hold of my wrists. I was wondering why I kept doing that, until I had belly dance in the evening. Whilst executing the new choreo that my teacher had taught, there are times when we have to twist out wrists around so the hold breaks whenever I dance HH.


GAH. I need to stop incorporating belly dance into Reggae. Shauna says I'm too soft, because I keep incorporating belly dance techniques into Reggae. Belly dance is more soft and feminine. Reggae is soft at times, but because Shauna and Audrey's choreo requires sharp and deft movements, I tend to...yeah you know what I mean. I think I can still improve on Reggae. There's this one bit in Shauna's choreo that's pretty quick and that we have to turn on the spot and quickly do the next move. The problem is, whenever I turn on the left ankle, it hurts, because there's a bone jutting out, so when I put pressure on it - like when I have to turn on the spot - it simply hurts and I end up losing my balance. Sometimes, I get the timings all wrong and I feel so fed up I feel like banging my head against the wall.


Practice Practice Practice! First vetting's on Thursday! I heard it's in the evening, which I really hope isn't, because I have Reggae at 8pm =/ OH OH OH and today during belly dance, Susanah - my teacher - asked us to take part in this performance at a community centre at Ang Mo Kio! It's going to be on the 22nd of November and we have to start practicing soon. IThis means I really really REALLY need to go and get myself a new proper hip scarf. I've been assigned to a drum choreography. It's one that we did before, except that because I had TNS, I missed out 3 lessons and thus, most of the choreo. Hopefully next week, Bao Yan can teach me the steps again and refresh my memory. I got the gist of it, but scaffolding should help me get better (: At least, I hope it does. The piece is pretty tiring.


Oh gosh dance again tomorrow. 9am. I hate it when it's in the morning. I'd rather have it at 10am. 9am is just too early, because of the whole morning rush traffic and having to wake up at 7am =/


I shall go watch The Nanny while I wait for my hair to dry. I REFUSE to use the hairdryer. If I do, I have to flick my hair around and my hair ends up bushy and wild, as though it's out of control. People have asked, but again I REFUSE to straighten my hair. Not that I detest straight hair. It looks nice on certain people, but not me.

I straightened it a few times in the past before, and I hated how I looked. So not me. I like having my wavy black hair tyvm. It's one of the traits I inherited from my Indonesian grandmother. We both think good looking men look even gorgeous in good looking suits. We both think they're hot in uniform - think army / police uniform. We both like scruffy rugged men. This reminds me. I need to continue my research for my book - Porn for Serene.
peace out. i need deep sleep right now.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.