Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Blogger is being an imbecile. It is adamant about not letting me upload pictures of cupcakes. Sod it.

Today is Tuesday and I decided to stay home today and do nothing except watch TV and hang around the place. I dropped Grandma off at the bustop because she wanted to go to the temple. She claims that bus no. 103 goes to said destination, even though I've been boarding that particular bus for donkey years and am sure as hell that I have never seen a temple in my entire life.

As I waved goodbye to her, I started wondering if I should have followed her. But I had no phone, no money and no umbrella and we'd both be lost sheeps if we ended up at some cuckoo place instead of a sacred instituition.

I sense counterfactual thinking in progress. It's raining now. I hope she doesn't fall. And I hope she remembers to tap the ez - link card when she gets off the bus like I demonstrated to her.

I went to Ion Orchard yesterday and almost suffered an embolism when I saw the prices of the food there. A cup of plain Yammi Yoghurt costs $4.50. Add toppings and you'll straddle close to $7. A slice of Japanese green tea cake( which was superb by the way) costs $5.40 and a steamed Chocolate Caramel cake cost $4.

Bitches, the lot of them are. But I bought back 2 steamed Japanese desserts back home for the family to try and now its just sitting like a lump in the fridge. I'll eat it for breakfast tomorrow instead. Ion Orchard was all right. Nothing much. It's a place for the rich and the richer.

So I decided to haul my ass to Far East Plaza. The stores in Far East have got some really cool clothing. But they were pretty expensive, and seemed to fit only petite sizes, none of which I am. So I left feeling sorry for myself. Though some shoes were really neat. What's more, they have like 4 stores selling high cut sneakers but the prices were phenomenally out of my league and only left me even more depressed. Dang. I WANT high cut sneakers for hip hop.

But I did buy a black and white checkered fedora and a pair of glittery black and gold suspenders. I intend to head back the next day and get a pair of thick-strapped ones. I wanted to get some tee shirts for my Grandma to bring home to Granddad and Tim. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow as well. AND I get go to Tangs Orchard and smell all the nice new perfumes that I always do whenver I go to Orchard. Thank goodness there's no modern dance tomorrow. TPDE starts again next week.

I LOVE going to town. I just love it. Just last Saturday before my hip hop practice at Lavender, I went to City Hall to have some yoghurt and I spotted a table brimming with single European guys. They lookeed rather Slavic, but who's bothering?

Darn I want a European boyfriend!

It's 1.06pm and I'm already listless like a fruit of lump. Sod it. I'll go watch reruns of CSI Miami now.

I wonder if Grandma's okay now. I should have given her the spare phone but she insisted she didn't want it. Now I know where my mum got her stubborn ass from.

peace and love (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.