Saturday, October 27, 2012

I miss reading. Reading books that is. Not textbooks. Readings artworks that open my mind to new places and take me away. 

I explicitly told my mother I wanted book vouchers when she asked what I wanted for Christmas this year. Tee hee. Hey. She asked, and I answered, right? 

Spent the past hour Skyping with S. Her chirpy voice cheered me up, and its so good to talk to her again. She's going to Prague in December, for only 250 euros, which is equivalent to almost S$400. She sounded shocked when I told her that it costs at least a thousand dollars just to fly to Europe. People living in Europe are such lucky ducks. They get to travel to other lovely European cities for cheap while it costs thousands of dollars to get there. My grandma spent $$2000on airfare to fly from London to Singapore whenever she visits us. 

At this rate, a scholarship is my only hope of ever going to Europe. Or finding a European husband. Hey, it could happen right?

Crud. School work beckons is yelling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.