Luam. You are born from a boom box.
I totally, cannot get over this. Luam is sick with a capital S. Just like Kyle Hanagami. Have I told you how much I want to attend their class? I'd trade my dog for it.
Okay. Maybe not my dog. Maybe...my new MacBook. YEAH.
Wouldn't it be so awesome if I could just spend one free year learning dance? Just drop everything and follow my heart?
But according to Max Weber, such a move would be classified as a non-rational behavior because its not practical to achieve a non-practical end.
Oh God I'm becoming a freak now.
Oh Lord, I miss dance so very much right now.
It seems that I've had to make so many decisions that defy the very desires of my heart. Rationalization and logical thinking is the key to innate unhappiness. That's the repercussion of being one who's more logical and rational and who makes decisions based on what her mind tells her rather than let her heart pave the way.
Like I said before, I don't see how intelligent people can be truly happy.
A student from the NTU Red Cross Society came knocking on our door and demanded for us to make a donation. Oh all right, she kindly asked if we were willing to make a donation that would be contributed towards funding for helping rebuild schools and homes for children in Vietnam.
Don't get me wrong. I think its a great idea, helping the unprivileged in our society and giving them a better life so they won't resort to child labor to fuel capitalism. But I had spare cash on hand, and enquired what the minimum donation, to which she replied "We encourage $10"
$10? Wasn't charity about donating the desired amount that YOU wish to give, and not to match that of others? When I politely said no, she gave me this, well stunned look, like she couldn't believe that her parents were right, that there cold-hearted bitches actually DO exist in the world and that her pre-frontal cortex is struggling to process this startlingly profound discovery.
When she sputtered her leave of thanks, I closed the door and muttered "bitch", much to the amusement of my roommate. She's been making calls all night to get people to be team leaders for this international convention happening next week. I helped!
Well, by helping her pronounce several names that seemed totally alien to her.
I tried googling my French teacher's name but came back with references to prostitutes violating laws in Germany. Bummer.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.