Thursday, June 6, 2013


I feel like a big, fat fraud.  What the hell am I doing in URECA? URECA is for smart, intelligent people who are whizzes in data analysis. I am having so much friction' trouble analyzing my data and tweaking the syntax and doing stupid shit. I'm supposed to be doing a moderation analysis - a statistical method that Ringo has never taught us before and now I'm supposed to do a crash course on moderation analysis and Googling exactly how I am supposed to be doing it and understanding the results in a matter of minutes. 

Yes I know that Google is an information channel, but it seems incapable of teaching me advanced statistics because the sites I've been to are using such weird, foreign, alien terms that I do not understand. Covariates, hierarchical regression, log regression, stepwise analysis.   

Wait, what?! 

And to top it off, Ringo has once again humiliated me. I can't bear to go into details but he is officially number 1 on my shit list. 

And to make me even more stressed, RA work application for TP takes 2-3 weeks to process. God, just hire me already! Forget the bureaucratic systems! If my professor took me on instantly and had me help out with her manuscripts straight away, why can TP not do it?

I'm too annoyed to do anything right now. 

Bloody Ringo. You're a bright little ray of sunshine are you not? I hate you. You're a dick. I'm sorry I need to rant because I'm too frustrated, and yes, maybe I don't know you well enough to make that judgment call, but you're a dick. According to Marion St Clair in Bride Wars, a wedding marks the first day of our lives and so all us unmarried people are in fact dead. So if we're all unmarried, and Ringo is unmarried (at least he should be unmarried), then Ringo, you my friend, will die dead because you will never impress a woman with your snarky, higher-than-thou attitude, no matter which Ivy League university you've gone to or how many bloody PhDs' you've gotten.  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.