I had the most lazy-tastic day ever yesterday. Lazi-tastic. Is that even a legit word?
Lazy-tastic = lazy + fantastic.
After a week of hurried walking, shopping and a flurry of meals back and forth, I had the entire apartment to myself on Saturday with everyone out. Okay it was really just my mum and sister out but that's good because my dad and brother normally shut themselves up in their rooms and barely disturb me. So really, it's one of those days where I can get some peace and quiet and do whatever I want to do.
Yesterday was spent experimenting with my accessories, reading magazines (yesssss I gave up reading magazines for the sake of exams), scrolling through Tumblr posts, watching Transformers: Dark of the Moon and getting my arms nibbled by Bobby each time I jump up and down in my seat during an epic chase/battle scene, Skying with S after dinner, running for an hour and finally watching reruns of Sex and the City til 12am.
Yes, that, ladies and gentlemen, is my idea of a fabulous day. Simply staying at home and having some quality lazy time to myself where I don't think about anything else. Well, except for URECA and work. I sent in my resume to a few other recruiters, begging for work. I think sooner or later, I'll settle for anything that comes my way - even being part of a service crew and being a waitress, though I put my foot down at a $5.50/hr salary. That's just insulting but I was only too inexperienced and silly to realize it 2 years ago.
God, what do I do?! This whole finding-work-that-pays seems so enthusiastic. I'm not even a graduate. Most jobs out there that need no other experience/qualifications are low wage jobs like sales and telemarketers and waitresses.
Okay I am a 22 year old woman. I need to be independent and figure this out. Okay, I've drawn out my plan. I sent out my resumes to 15 people since a week ago, I've got Plan Z, I've got to complete URECA, and now its time for some comfort companionship with Carrie, Samantha, Miranda and Charlotte. I can always count on my 4 girls to give me practical advice about everything. What would I do without you girls.










No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.