Monday, December 17, 2012

URECA progress check





Let's now assess where I am with URECA shall I?

Mid-Dec / 1 page proposal. I've submitted that, like in November. So moving on.

End-Dec. Minimum 40 hours research work. Yaye I've clocked in 56 hours to date, so I'm not worried about that. Right now I'm worried about editing those photos and getting in questionnaires in check. As of right now, I have a total of 9 questionnaires to administer. How these researchers do it? How? Right now, I'm so incredibly thankful for a Mr Chua Junjie, a librarian's assistant within the Psychology division who has been helping me with researching for articles and questionnaires and basically doing what I really should have been doing in the first place: using the library's database to get all my information, but I never really did get the hang of using the online database. I've used it, sure, but not to the extent that he has! I knew that independent work will be involved, but the complexity and rigorousness of it all wasn't anticipated. Its definitely in contrast to what I did in TP, where we used only maybe 1 or 2 questionnaires and we had our teachers to help us. In what I'm doing, I have search for valid questionnaires by emailing the original authors or the questionnaire to have them forward me a copy of it and decide whether its contents is relevant to my experiment. I'm also examining for moderator/mediator variables which adds to the bulk to measures I have to undertake.

I'd like to thank Christian Bale for keeping me company through these hectic times as I wade through the endless pool of articles and searching for needles in haystacks and giving me hope that gorgeous men like you exist, and I'd like to thank my wonderful companion, Bobby, for willingly putting up with my constant kissing and hugging of him because I find that these 2 expressions of love and sentiment give me comfort and distraction, and nibbling my nose in return was, needless to say, uncalled for but understandable.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.