I know I say I don't need a man in my life all the time, and that just pining for a man goes against my feminist principles.
But the truth is, I want to be swept off my feet. I don't want to be the girl going after the man.
I want him to make the first move.
I want him to notice me for my personality (looks wouldn't be so bad either)
I want him to say I have a beautiful smile and sparkling eyes.
I want him to say he thinks I have a fiery personality.
I want him to say he finds me interesting and wants to know me better.
I want him to ask me out.
I want him to wait outside my apartment as I get ready for our date.
I want him to say "you look beautiful" no matter what I wear.
I want him to invite me to a slow-dance with him right in the middle of dinner, just because he knows I like dancing, even if we can't slow dance.
I want him to be protective of me, though not to the point of being clingy.
I want him to look out for me and my best interests.
I want him to kiss me with fiery passion.
I want him to twirl his fingers in the curl of my hair and tell me that my hair is amazing.
The truth is, sometimes I feel lonely. I'm not desperate, for your information, but I'm currently at the point in my life where I'm seeking companionship, not just with close female friends, but with a man whom I can share my soul with, who understands me and is willing to enter a relationship with me.
The truth is, I say I don't need a man in my life, but I would very much like one.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.