Monday, February 4, 2013

Spent a glorious hour or so arguing with J about which places that we have to visit before the world ends due to our massive extravagant consumption of the Earth's natural resources. J wants to go to Miami, Cuba and the Bahamas, and I proposed NYC, Italy and Venice & the whole of Eastern Europe.

I was taking a break from the massive reading that I have and searched for property prices in NYC and started pounding the table in dismay when I came across all the exorbitant prices. Why is the American bureaucratic system keeping me from fulfilling my dream of living in NYC? I envision myself living in two room apartment with a small kitchen and a large living room with enough free space for me to dance around, complete with a Book Room (if Rebecca Bloomwood can have a Shoe Room, then I can have a Book Room).

Oh and I digress but I was watching Batman Begins (yes, again but this show is friggin brilliant) and the scene of Arkam Asylum came up; the scene where Rachel goes to Arkam to find Crane to visit Falconi after Crane poisons him, and as the tall and cryptic buildings came up, I started thinking to myself: I feel like I've actually seen this building before in person and after a while it hit me. I had seen Arkam before! With my own eyes. In Burbank, Los Angeles, when Sar, L and I went for the Warner Bros. studio tour. The Batman franchise is a Warner Bros. film, and naturally some of the filming took place there, and one of the buildings in the studio was used as Arkam Asylum. And we visited it!

Now I can proudly say that I've actually visited Arkam Asylum and saw Batman's Tumbler. Tee hee. 

Oh crud back to work.

In the meantime, this video sums up my disappointment with the final installment of the Batman franchise perfectly. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.